No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Guerrero Promising a Statement Making Performance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Guerrero Promising a Statement Making Performance

By Jake Donovan - Robert Guerrero has waited more than 15 months for this moment to arrive – that next time when he finally gets to once again set foot in a ring for an official fight.

Not since his wide points win over Michael Katsidis last April has Guerrero (29-1-1, 18KO) been able to add to his resume. An untimely injury, extended rehab and a Floyd Mayweather-or-bust media blitz in targeting a major fight in the spring has resulted in the longest period of inactivity in his career.

The long wait comes to an end as he moves up two weight classes to face unbeaten welterweight Selcuk Aydin. The fight takes place at the HP Pavilion in San Jose (CA), not very far from his Gilroy hometown. The venue was supposed to house an Aug. ’11 title fight with Marcos Maidana, only for an injury to pull the plug on the anticipated homecoming.

Well over a year later, a fully rehabbed Guerrero now gets that long overdue opportunity to ply his trade in front of his hometown fans. [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by JakeNDaBox; 07-25-2012, 07:16 AM.

Aydin a nice win and moving up two weight classes a nice feat.

But P4P?

Over who?

Comment

Be nice to see a Nor-Cal fighter get a win, after all the bullshit with Escobedo.

But even with the jump to 147.....

P4P?

Naw......

Comment

I like your site its quite informative and i would like to come here again as i get some timeJang Jobs Ads from my studies. i would like to invite my other friends to this site, as you have done a great job.i must say. ccnp certification..keep it up guys..

Comment

Originally posted by alixjohn266 View Post
          I like your site its quite informative and i would like to come here again as i get some timeJang Jobs Ads from my studies. i would like to invite my other friends to this site, as you have done a great job.i must say. ccnp certification..keep it up guys..
          Fokk outta here spambot.

Comment

Robert Guerrero R.I.P 07/28/2012

Comment

tuff 2 c even in photos what pyysical size Aydin has over RG but gope Robert wins...his opposition has definately been better even @ '35/'40...

Comment

What the hell is the big deal with the popularity contest?? Division rankings son, climb those.

Comment

My analysis: I see Guerrero having solid success in exchanges and inside, but that's a mistake because it gives Aydin his best chance. Guerrero cant get lured and get caught ala Garcia/Khan. If Guerrero uses a stiff jab, circles, lands straight lefts and uppercuts, he can succeed. His Southpaw style could trouble Aydin. He doesn't use a right hook much. Aydin can wear a fighter down and his stamina is great. But if the layoff impacts Guerrero's stamina, he could get stopped by Aydin. But Aydin's defense has holes and his style is open to a counter-puncher. Between the two, Aydin can make more mistakes, if Guerrero does, it could be costly. I give the slight edge to Guerrero. Too many people are wined, dined, and seduced by unbeaten records.
                  Last edited by richardt; 07-25-2012, 12:46 PM.

Comment

I just want to see this loud mouth fight already. He's been saying everyone @ 140 and Welter ducked him, put up or shut up time

Comment

Working...
                    X