Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Trout's Promoter Felt Canelo Fight Was Very Close

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Video: Trout's Promoter Felt Canelo Fight Was Very Close

Ryan Burton catches up with promoter Greg Cohen, promoter of Austin Trout, to discuss the aftermath of his boxer's junior welterweight unification with Saul "Canelo" Alvarez.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Off course it was close , open scoring saying Trout needed a KO to win from the 8th round is BS , the rort was on last night Trout needed a KO to win period .

Comment

I hate texas comission!!!!!

Well great fight!!! as expected terrible judge scorecards BUT I agree with the decision I had canelo winning by one maybe two rounds, there was a lot of even rounds which could have gone either way but lots of respect to Trout proved to be a legit challenge for anyone, I expect him to be back stronger!!! Canelo's knowckdown is what made the difference in the fight , trout threw more punches but canelo did an amazing job of moving his head and dodging most of them, he was landing the crisper and more effective punches but I do think he can work on his conditioning and maybe also on throwing back after making your opponent miss, I like Canelo a lot in my books he won by one maybe 2, but he's very young, has over 40 fights, and continues to show signs of improvement in many aspects. I wish Canelo and Trout the best!!! I wouldn't mind a rematch but this time in the big stage Vegas!!!

Comment

basically trout got cheated. happens all the time in boxing and really in texas

Comment

Trout won like 3 rounds, deal with it.

Comment

trout is the future of boxing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
              Off course it was close , open scoring saying Trout needed a KO to win from the 8th round is BS , the rort was on last night Trout needed a KO to win period .
              Correct complete bs. I am disappointed in golden boy they are no better than top rank

Comment

why does everybody think every damn fight is a controversy, Canelo won this fight EASY, he was NEVER hurt or in any trouble because Trout never fully committed to power shots since he feared that monster right hand counter that made his knees buckle everytime, even when it missed. Trout expected a flat footed robot who was gonna be easy non-moving target, but Canelo came in a totally different fighter we've never seen before and Trout never adjusted.

Canelo won this fair and square, Trout was bamboozled, he's still one of my favorites because of the class he showed in defeat, giving no excuses like Donaire did. the better man won.

Comment

haymon wasn't able to pay off any judges for trout

Comment

Working...
                  X