No announcement yet.

Leonard Ellerbe: Floyd Mayweather fight announcement expected within days

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
    No, they will find someone to discredit Martinez and the other 2.
    Floyd ducked the entire WW division when it was hot, went on "vacation". That'll never change, same with him avoiding Pac like the plague.

But discrediting him for fighting Martinez? Nope. That's not something in anyone's agenda.

Comment

it's going to be Canelo, pretty sure the whole Guerrero thing was thrown out there to quell enthusiasm for whoever his next opponent will be, so when they announce Canelo it would sound more legitimate

I'm calling it right now, actually I said this in another thread yesterday, Floyd's next fight will show his age and people will speculate whether or not he should retire

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
        Floyd ducked the entire WW division when it was hot, went on "vacation". That'll never change, same with him avoiding Pac like the plague.

But discrediting him for fighting Martinez? Nope. That's not something in anyone's agenda.
        Lol, you haven't been on boxingscene long enough have you?

Comment

It would be Canelo. And it's Floyd's last fight. Forget about September completely. Unless he comes out of the fight unscathed.
          Last edited by Bullrider; 12-15-2012, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
            it's going to be Canelo, pretty sure the whole Guerrero thing was thrown out there to quell enthusiasm for whoever his next opponent will be, so when they announce Canelo it would sound more legitimate

I'm calling it right now, actually I said this in another thread yesterday, Floyd's next fight will show his age and people will speculate whether or not he should retire
            I agree with you entirely, the way Mayweather has aged in his last 2 fights shows me he would probably get KO too soon, It all started with the JMM fight IMO, where he was hit with the same punches, then the same thing in the Mosley fight, even though he won all those fight comfortably I just think something is coming soon and for me Canelo is what's coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              I agree with you entirely, the way Mayweather has aged in his last 2 fights shows me he would probably get KO too soon, It all started with the JMM fight IMO, where he was hit with the same punches, then the same thing in the Mosley fight, even though he won all those fight comfortably I just think something is coming soon and for me Canelo is what's coming.
              Marquez only landed a couple of times and is a world class fighter
              Mosley landed early and never again in the next ten rds
              Cotto caused problems but remember the rumours of the hand injury the day before the fight,ill give him the benefit of the doubt on that one cos you could tell he wasn't using his left properly
              Definitely slowing down but still no one to beat him at 147
              I agree that Canelo is a dangerous fight

Comment

Originally posted by Hendrix View Post
                lol, Khan? lol You're talking about a guy who fights at 140? Don't tell me...Floyd's going to make him move up as well? lol
                Floyd isn't gonna make him do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  I think people forget that Floyd was hit with a couple good shots in the Corley fight too. Was he declining then too? Gettin hit does not mean u have aged or faded. It's a damn fight for god's sake. U get hit!!! Floyd is not invincible though it may seem that way. Plus u are fighting professional fighters. U can't expect them to land zero punches. Marquez and Mosley landed 2 big punches. Marquez got put on his ass after one of them lol. Ortiz landed 0 big punches. Cotto landed a few good JABS and won 2 rounds. Devastating. Even if we were to say he is declining, he is still leagues ahead of everyone. I want people to go back and look at the sparring for the cotto fight and tell me he wasn't doing the exact same thing he did in the actual fight.

Comment

Khan in September would be laughable but knowing Floyd that his type of opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by DanboSmitty View Post
                      Guerrero tune up fight then Canelo imo
                      Apparently Floyd doesn't need tune ups.

Comment

Working...
                      X