No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lucas Matthysse: I Know I Beat Judah and Alexander

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lucas Matthysse: I Know I Beat Judah and Alexander

If this is the year of crazy scoring, then consider Lucas Matthysse way ahead of the curve. The Argentine banger has lost just twice in a 33-fight career, though there is a strong case to be made that he still deserves to be undefeated.

Matthysse was unbeaten though a bit unproven and perhaps raw when he traveled to Newark, New Jersey in Nov. ’10 to face former two-division champ Zab Judah, born and raised about 45 minutes away in Brooklyn. A slow start turned out to be his undoing, as not even a late-round knockdown could land him on the glory side of a split decision.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Ive actually never seen the full Judah fight but ive heard it was too close to be called a robbery.The Alexander fight Lucas did win.Hopefully he can take the judges out off the eqaution saturday night it will tough though Soto is a tough bastard and can survive

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
      Ive actually never seen the full Judah fight but ive heard it was too close to be called a robbery.The Alexander fight Lucas did win.Hopefully he can take the judges out off the eqaution saturday night it will tough though Soto is a tough bastard and can survive
      Mattysse got absolutely no credit for his body work. And he at least won 3 rounds plus had a kd. I believe the fight was a 10 rounder. There is no way Lucas only won 2 rounds, none.

Comment

I though Lucas beat Alexander by 2 rds,I had Judah by 1 or 2 rds..Both fights were close..Lucas biggest problem imho is his activity,he has to work and not have so many moments of inactivity..I think it cost him in both fights...

Comment

I had Lucas winning the Judah fight. The straight right to the body landed far more frequently, and did more damage than Judah jabbing and diving in and out while barely touching Lucas. The Devon fight... flat out robbery. A knockdown along with the majority of the rounds (I had it 6-4), just a terrible decision there.

This will be a great fight, and it'll be interesting to see how Soto handles the punches from a true 140lb contender as opposed to the few warm up opponents he's faced at 140 who were either not true 140s, or far beyond outside the top of the class they don't even hold ranks in the top 100.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            Mattysse got absolutely no credit for his body work. And he at least won 3 rounds plus had a kd. I believe the fight was a 10 rounder. There is no way Lucas only won 2 rounds, none.
            His body shots are great.Crippled Chop Chop with them

Comment

U definitely beat Alexander. i wouldnt mind seeing a rematch, seeing as how Alexander is considered decent again after beating Maidana.

I didnt see the Judah fight to judge.

Comment

Both fights were close, so that means it can go either way. So u lost to Alexander and Judah, u better focus on Soto.

Comment

I think he won both fights too but they were also toss-ups that could've went either way. Lucas didnt do himself any favors giving rounds away in both fights

Comment

What does he expect when fighing americans in their hometowns, he needs to KO them or face the consequences

Comment

Working...
                    X