No announcement yet.

NBA Thread - For basketball fans of Boxingscene

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oldgringo
    I have a 500 million dollar bet with Jose...he has the Suns and I of course put the smart money on the Pistons.

What you guys are failing to understand is that we now have the best starting 5 in the league and our ENTIRE BENCH (also the best) is back. Everyones healthy...the rest of the league is ****ed...

If you can name 5 players on a team that are better than the starting 5 on the Pistons then ill give you 20 mil...im talking about 5 whole players...not 3.
    The playoffs are a whole different animal and thats when the Stunners step it up.
    seriously id take the spurs lineup before the pistons, tim duncan can just takeover games and straight out dominate. there isnt one thing he does bad---maybe freethrows but he aint that bad at that. here is how i look at the lineups:

parker>>>>>billups
    ginobli = hamilton
    bowen<<<<< duncan>>>>>rasheed wallace
    nesterovic(sp?)<<<<<< ben wallace

right now i just cant pick against tim duncan, he is just too big a factor.both teams play great team basketball but the pistons dont have a player that can takeover a game like the spurs do.

btw i i think the suns have 5 players better than the pistons do, the pistons are proven though and imo there play is more suitable for the playoffs

nash
    richardson
    johnson
    marion
    stoudemire(sp?)

EDIT how come my post got messed up and i cant edit it?
    it is supposed to look like this :
    bowen<<<<< prince but instead it looks like bowen<<<<>>>>rasheed wallace
    Last edited by The Fix; 04-14-2005, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Fix
      seriously id take the spurs lineup before the pistons, tim duncan can just takeover games and straight out dominate. there isnt one thing he does bad---maybe freethrows but he aint that bad at that. here is how i look at the lineups:

parker>>>>>billups
      ginobli = hamilton
      bowen <<<<< duncan>>>>> rasheed wallace

right now i just cant pick against tim duncan, he is just too big a factor.both teams play great team basketball but the pistons dont have a player that can takeover a game like the spurs do.

btw i i think the suns have 5 players better than the pistons do, the pistons are proven though and imo there play is more suitable for the playoffs

nash
      richardson
      johnson
      marion
      stoudemire(sp?)

The Suns have 5 better OFFENSIVE PLAYERS...not both ways though.

Theres no way that parker is BETTER than Chauncey. I like Parker, but he's only equal to Billups AT BEST. Chauncey is bigger, stronger, passes just as well, shoots better % from both the field and the stripe, and can make the big three when you need it. He's also no slouch on D but i'll say that Parker is better in the open court.

Rip and Ginobili are about equal...although Ginobili would kill for Rips mid-range jumper.

Tayshaun owns Bowen...mainly on the offensive side because Bowen has good defense like Tay Tay.

Duncan is better than Sheed just about everywhere except outside...and Sheed plays D just about as well as Duncan.

Ben owns Nesterovic.

There it is...plus you factor in that we have a better bench and it all comes together perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by jack_the_rippuh
        I got the Heat.

Wanna bet in case the Pistons meet the Heat in the Eastern Conf. Finals?

Comment

parker>>>>>billups
          ginobli = hamilton
          bowen <<<<< duncan>>>>> rasheed wallace

nash
          richardson
          johnson
          marion
          stoudemire(sp?)

Who do you match-up McDyess against in the Spurs then ??

Comment

Go Pistons!!!!!!!1111

Comment

spurs lost to the jazz yesterday with duncan in the lineup
              oh well the spurs are still gonna win.

thats pretty bad. the jazz suck now.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboxer
                thats pretty bad. the jazz suck now.
                too many injuries for the jazz, they never had a chance to really get used to eachother. imo its gonna work out better for them anyway cause they are gonna have a good chance to get either bogut or paul.i think they should take paul cause they really nead a pg and okur is gettin better.

paul could be really good
                harpring- hard worker
                ak47 16 ppg and like 3.5 blocks
                boozer could be a 20 and 10 guy
                okur good shooter but cant defend anything

looks like a solid starting lineup that will only get better in a couple years

Comment

Originally posted by THRILLAinmanila
                  Wanna bet in case the Pistons meet the Heat in the Eastern Conf. Finals?
                  No problem. That defense they used to shut down Dwyane Wade, in their previous game, won't work when Shaq is in the middle....trust me when I say that.

Comment

Heat gonna take it this year. How much are the lakers kickin themselves for lettin shaq go. They go from THE team to not even reaching the playoffs. Pathetic.

Comment

And dwayne wade is the truth, haha.

Comment

Working...
                      X