No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikkel Kessler's Return Will Bring Out The Celebrities

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mikkel Kessler's Return Will Bring Out The Celebrities

PARKEN will be packed with celebrities on Saturday night when WBC Super Middleweight World Champion Emeritus Mikkel Kessler makes his hotly-awaited comeback against WBO #5 Mehdi Bouadla. Caroline Wozniacki, Peter Schmeichel and Michael Maze are just some of the VIPs that will be ringside for the return of the Viking Warrior. “We are delighted that not only the whole country but also Denmark´s finest sporting icons are rallying behind the Viking Warrior,” promoter Kalle Sauerland said. “Mikkel will need the usual full vocal support on Saturday to overcome the huge challenge Bouadla poses.” And he added: “The first bout after a long break is always tricky. The more backing Mikkel gets, the better. It will be a great evening at PARKEN on Saturday night – inside and outside the ring.”

[Click Here To Read More]

I am dubius as to whetehr Kessler legitimately had this injury but then again there's no way he would have ever lost to Green.

He should knock this guy out if he doesn't he's finished as a top 168lbr.

Comment

Kessler has done 100+ sparring rounds and says that there's still problems with one of the eyes, but not so bad that he cannot see the punches coming.

Conditioningwise Kessler is in top shape with a resting heartrate of 34 BPM.

I hope Sauerland hasnt rushed him back too soon.

Anyway this Bouadla seems tailormade for Kessler to look good. I expect some big rights and some classic 1-2's from an aggressive Kessler.
      Last edited by BattlingNelson; 05-31-2011, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        Kessler has done 100+ sparring rounds and says that there's still problems with one of the eyes, but not so bad that he cannot see the punches coming.

Conditioningwise Kessler is in top shape with a resting heartrate of 34 BPM.

I hope Sauerland hasnt rushed him back too soon.

Anyway this Bouadla seems tailormade for Kessler to look good. I expect some big rights and some classic 1-2's from an aggressive Kessler.
        Lol Nelson are you serious, 34 BPM? Nah, maybe like mid to upper 50's. or were you using hyperbole?

bouadla is a mild mannered business proprietor who is going to be used a meat bag for kessler's punches. i too anticipate him displaying his straight, crisp punches.

Comment

Yeah I'm happy that Kessler gets back in the ring. I hope that after this fight he challenges Bute before the end of the Super 6 Tournament. Of course this fight is unlikely to happen because Bute only fights with bums.

Comment

mikkel kessler's return will bring out the celebrities?! really?

Comment

Oh wow, is Michael Maze really going to be there? THE Michael Maze?

Comment

War kessler

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
                  Lol Nelson are you serious, 34 BPM? Nah, maybe like mid to upper 50's. or were you using hyperbole?

bouadla is a mild mannered business proprietor who is going to be used a meat bag for kessler's punches. i too anticipate him displaying his straight, crisp punches.
                  I'm serious lol. The lowest pulse by any (living) athlete that I know of, is that of former 5-time Tour De France winner Miguel Indurrain. He had a heartrate at 28 BPM. That's about as relaxed as you can be without being dead.

Comment

glad he is okay,

hope the eye is okay too

Comment

Working...
                    X