Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Edgar Sosa Starts Training For Last Fight Before Title Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Edgar Sosa Starts Training For Last Fight Before Title Shot

Edgar Sosa has resumed training with a direct focus on the next defense of his WBC international flyweight title. The date, venue and opponent will soon be announced. Sosa, also the WBC emeritus champion, has enjoyed two weeks of vacation. Sosa (41-6, 24 KOs) promised that his upcoming fight will be the last stop before a title showdown with the full champion of the WBC, Pongsaklek Wongjongkam of Thailand.

[Click Here To Read More]

I remember reading the same thing before the last fight(and before that). At that rate Segura might beat him to a title fight at 112

Comment

I hope I'm wrong, but I think Sosa's days as an elite fighter may be over. What other explanation might there be for him taking so many tune-ups. Since his comeback, all of his fights have been against oponents who are subpar. I think they (he and his managers) know this and are just cashing out by getting as many TV dates as possible; especially since he draws so well Mexico City. I can only hope that after this fight, he fights the champion (WBC) and proves me wrong.

Comment

I don't know, but if that's the case, Sosa will be fighting somebody in the same boat because Wonjongkam has held the title for 13 months and defended once, barely outpointing a 14-4 guy. He has beaten four nobodies in tune-ups. This year he has fought three guys with a combined record of 1-7. Sosa's warm-ups have been HOFers by comparison

Comment

Working...
        X