Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Insider Notebook: Bradley; SHO; Mayweather vs. Guerrero

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Insider Notebook: Bradley; SHO; Mayweather vs. Guerrero

By Robert Morales - It was the kind of victory you sort of want to throw back. After sitting down with Timothy Bradley on Tuesday, it seemed like he almost felt that way about his win over Manny Pacquaio on June 9, 2012.

Sitting inside a dressing room at Fortune Gym in Hollywood, Calif., Bradley entertained a reporter while Top Rank Inc. spokesman Lee Samuels listened in. About eight minutes into what turned out to be a 15-minute conversation, Bradley was asked straight out if the joy he should have felt by defeating Pacquiao was taken away by the hoopla surrounding his controversial split decision win.

"Yes, absolutely," said Bradley, who will defend the welterweight title he took from Pacquiao on March 16 when he takes on Ruslan Provodnikov at Home Depot Center (on HBO). "There was really no joy in beating Pacquiao. There was really no joy after the fight itself. You know, all the backlash I took, all the comments I had to deal with. Walking down the street, feeling like, you know, that I got a gift was ... it's the worst feeling ever.

"Especially for an athlete and a person. To have people talk about you in the media and don't give you no credit whatsoever. Granted that I was injured during the fight, granted that I stayed in the fight; there was no positive out of it."

Bradley wasn't whining. He was simply showing a human side some don't want to show.

"The sucky part about the whole thing is that the perception of the public is that I lost that fight and that alone really killed me," Bradley said. "You know what I mean? It really killed me." [Click Here To Read More]

It's amazing that Schaefer says the same thing about each and every opponent that Mayweather fights since he's been under the Golden Boy banner. "I give them a good chance to pull off the upset"

Comment

Don't worry T. Bradley. Bob Arum had you already lined up for PACMAN vs BRADLEY 2 for next year!

Comment

I call bulls**t on the "early" injuries, I've rewatched that fight twice now and Bradley turned on his ankle near the end of the 10th! And when the fight was over there was no trace of a limp! It wasn't like Martinez vs Chavez where sergio could barely stand after the fight!

And for Bradley to laugh at Pacquiao's knockout seemed very bitter to me, I'm sure Pacquiao said nothing negative about Tim to the media in the aftermath of the fight so for him to do that wasn't right!

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
          I call bulls**t on the "early" injuries, I've rewatched that fight twice now and Bradley turned on his ankle near the end of the 10th!...
          Moron.. in the 2nd the camera didn't catch the first injury but you can clearly hear Joel telling Tim to block out the pain of the foot. In the 4th you can clearly see him roll his ankle. At the end of the fight the man just fought thru the pain for 10 rounds.. walking around the ring wasn't going to kill him. Who cares if he laughed at Pac's KO. Of course he was bitter.. he's human. He wanted to fight a 2nd time and prove he was better again. He got the short end of the stick, so it bothered him... He can't be honest about how he felt? Moron.
          Last edited by cdc2020; 02-28-2013, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cdc2020 View Post
            Moron.. in the 2nd the camera didn't catch the first injury but you can clearly hear Joel telling Tim to block out the pain of the foot. In the 4th you can clearly see him roll his ankle. At the end of the fight the man just fought thru the pain for 10 rounds.. walking around the ring wasn't going to kill him. Who cares if he laughed at Pac's KO. Of course he was bitter.. he's human. He wanted to fight a 2nd time and prove he was better again. He got the short end of the stick, so it bothered him... He can't be honest about how he felt? Moron.
            Whoa, wait when did he prove a first time that he's better than Pacquiao?? And I'm the moron? Ha right.

Comment

After Pacquiao broke both feet, Bradley should have realized that he was lucky that Pacquiao showed him mercy and carried him through 12 rounds. He will never get credit for any will or determination.

Comment

Seriously, death threats? Pacquaio fans are a disgrace to boxing...

And if Pacquaio fans are still buttmad at the decision, then contact the WBO and request an inquiry into the judges. As far as I know they're still out there working fights.

Comment

Here's the distinction between his fight with Pac versus Marquez' fight with Pac. Marquez' matches with Manny were always competitive. Tim's fight with Manny wasn't even remotely close and I watched numerous times simply because I like Tim, and wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. I wish people would stop comparing the decisions for Marquez/Pac vs Bradley/Pac, which are night and day comparisons.

Comment

While I do agree that Pac won the Bradley fight, Pac being robbed and then being KOed were the best events to happen to boxing and I will tell you why. None of it has anything whatsoever to do with Pac himself. He is a great fighter, hall of famer, humble, etc. I have mad respect for him. However his fans and the egotistical, overhyped Roach is what was ruining boxing. Those losses (and the BS win over JMM in their 3rd fight) proved to the world how viciously hateful, hypocritical and one-sided Pac fans are and what an ******* Roach is. He has gotten a lot of passes because of his medical situation but he really is an *******. Pac is the only reason he has the fame he has and he really is an overrated trainer by far. Even though Pac did win against Bradley in my eyes, he never hurt him, and looked flat. Bradley had 2 hurt ankles/feet and Pac still could not cut the ring off or drop him. You see Roach's limitations as a trainer when Pac fights a guy who doesn't just stand there like a punching bag.

Comment

Working...
                    X