No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Franco Withdraws From Dib Bout, Plans To Retire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Franco Withdraws From Dib Bout, Plans To Retire

BoxingScene.com has been advised by promoter Richard Dobal that Cuban Olympian and IBF #3 rated Luis Franco (11-1, 7KO's) has withdrawn from the fight with IBF featherweight champion Billy "The Kid" Dib (35-1, 21KO's), which was scheduled to headline an ESPN Friday Night Fights card on March 1, at MGM Grand at Foxwoods. The card is being co-promoted by Lou DiBella and 50 Cent's SMS Promotions.

[Click Here To Read More]

Firstly, how does Luis Franco get a shot at the IBF title when his last bout was a loss in an IBF Title ELIMINATOR???

Or was it a dodgy decision?

Secondly, his manager is Henry Foster!!! I spoke to Foster about 9 years back when trying to get Glen Johnson to come to a Jamaican party at a boozer in Fort Lauderdale (this was just after he kayoed Jones Jnr). He's quite a character. Top bloke.

Comment

50 cent threaten his life and family, only way he can get his fighters to actually win.

no fighter should agree to fight the bums 50 cent has, why? cause just too much darma involved.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
        Firstly, how does Luis Franco get a shot at the IBF title when his last bout was a loss in an IBF Title ELIMINATOR???

Secondly, his manager is Henry Foster!!! I spoke to Foster about 9 years back when trying to get Glen Johnson to come to a Jamaican party at a boozer in Fort Lauderdale (this was just after he kayoed Jones Jnr). He's quite a character. Top bloke.
        The decision was controversial, maybe the IBF reviewed it?

What's up with this retirement though, he's not happy with the money? How ******ed, he gets a shot at the weakest titlist and a chance to make better money. Even ex titlists get better opportunities.

Comment

I bet 50 Cent wishes he never got involved in the boxing circus

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post

Munoz the winner of the eliminator pulled out of the Dib fight with a injury so Franco got the shot.
            Last edited by chocolate; 02-03-2013, 05:10 PM.

Comment

50 cent sucks lol

Comment

Damn I wish Russell would have fought this dude.....

Comment

He refused 20K? He should go back to Cuba and see how much he makes over there in 1 fight. What a fkin diva.

And why are people talking about 50? He doesn't promote Franco.

Comment

This shit is just nuts. Franco probably thought he'd be making good money as a pro boxer, then he comes to find out he's getting 20k for a title fight. lol Funny but sad at the same time. After all expenses, Luis would be lucky to pocket 10 thou.

Comment

Working...
                    X