No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mares Demands, Deserves, Donaire After Moreno Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mares Demands, Deserves, Donaire After Moreno Win

By Cliff Rold - 26-year old 2004 Mexican Olympian and reigning WBC Super Bantamweight champion Abner Mares (24-0-1, 13 KO) of Montebello, California, won a unanimous decision Saturday night at the Staples Center in Los Angeles over WBA Bantamweight Champion Anselmo Moreno (33-2-1, 12 KO) of in a fight that live up to its pre-fight billing. Hotly contested at the highest world-class levels throughout, Mares dropped Moreno for the first time in his career in round five and worked through being hurt twice in the second half of the fight to score the hard earned victory.

Mares, a former IBF Bantamweight titlist as well, makes his first defense of the then-vacant WBC belt he won earlier this year against former Flyweight titlist Eric Morel. Moreno is added to a list of conquered foes that also includes Joseph Agbeko and Vic Darchinyan as Mares continues the work of taking the fights that signal a fighter seeking the toughest paths available. [Click Here To Read More]

One of the few fights I'd actually pay to see. Sadly, it will never happen.

Comment

yep they interviewed him a lot on my local news station and he wanted donaire real bad

Comment

Did I read that right? Boxingscene scored the fight for Moreno 114-113 or is that a typo

Comment

Bring the fight on. I am too excited to see how many times will Mares punches Donaire's balls.

Comment

Originally posted by PBFP4P View Post
            Did I read that right? Boxingscene scored the fight for Moreno 114-113 or is that a typo
            Nope. I had it for Moreno 114-113. I gave Moreno 1, 3, 7, 8, 10, 12. I gave Mares 2, 4, 5-6. I had 9 and 11 even. 6-4-2 for Moreno. No issue with the fight going the other way. I thought both guys showed world class stuff. Ignoring the Jen-Kin abortion, the fight itself was really good.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
              Nope. I had it for Moreno 114-113. I gave Moreno 1, 3, 7, 8, 10, 12. I gave Mares 2, 4, 5-6. I had 9 and 11 even. 6-4-2 for Moreno. No issue with the fight going the other way. I thought both guys showed world class stuff. Ignoring the Jen-Kin abortion, the fight itself was really good.
              ahah

ahaahahaahh

Comment

So if it wasn't for the point deduction you would have had Moreno winning by 2 points, Cliff? I don't know about that.

I hope this doesn't mean that you aren't going to include Mares in your P4P list now.

Comment

Not happening, Donaire has been going only for the easy fights (Nishioka could have been tough but he was already with a foot into retirement, was tricked to rest and rust for a year and very well paid to fight off Japan)... so, I think it will be Donaire vs Rafa Márquez or Mijarez then he will run away up.

Comment

HELL yeah fuck all the critics and have steve smoger as the ref. Lets bring real fights back.

Comment

Working...
                    X