No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire, Rios Doubleheader in Play For The Summer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Donaire, Rios Doubleheader in Play For The Summer

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum has advised BoxingScene.com that his company is currently working on a doubleheader that features two of his top stars - WBO super bantamweight champion Nonito Donaire (28-1, 18KOs) and former WBA lightweight king Brandon Rios (30-0-1, 22Kos).

[Click Here To Read More]

Inb4 someone is caught for doping

Comment

both networks showing fights on the same night hurts boxing especially the fans

Comment

Should Donaire sever his ties with Victor Conte?

Comment

Originally posted by DJ_DUBB
          Donaire could move up to 140 and whoop Rios' arse if he wanted to.
          Did you see Donaire's face after his first fight at 122? That was against Vasquez coming of a T.K.O. loss to little Arce, Donaire wouldn't even make it through the 126 lb. division. Orlando Salido,Chris John,JuanMa,and Jhonny Gonzalez would all beat Donaire.
          Last edited by UTEP; 05-19-2012, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by flint View Post
            both networks showing fights on the same night hurts boxing especially the fans
            I know wtf is with that. Booking the same dates benifits nobody. There already is a lack of action, double booking is just facked up.

Comment

I'm getting a little tired of promoters naming rising star fighters against tba's all the time. I'm more interested in who they're fighting. That's where the real interest lies. Donaire-Rigo, Rios-top ten 140lber is all I wanna hear.

Comment

The best fights for Donaire are unlikely possible, Mares w/ GBP, Nishioka fights usually in Japan. I just hope it'll be against someone inside top-7 122-lber.
                Last edited by tanibanana; 05-19-2012, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Donaire is great talent but I think that last fight with WV2 told us that he probably should not move up much further in weight. I think his power will diminish and that fight was tougher for him then I thought it would be. Donaire will beat Mijares though I think guaranteed. Rigo is the one opponent Donaire needs to steer clear of though, I think he would probably beat Nonito. A lot of people don't like Rios but I do, I think he is hilarious. He will fight anyone and yes the last fight he got a gift decision, I admit that. He just needs to stop trying to make that weight and move up to the next division.

Comment

Who would be the final event?

Comment

Working...
                    X