No announcement yet.

UNDEFEATED: The Greatest Weigh-In Of All Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNDEFEATED: The Greatest Weigh-In Of All Time

* If you disagree, post the weigh-in with more emotion, fan engagement and starpower.

Ali Liston in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
      Ali Liston in my opinion
      1...or 2? How many fans attended?

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
        1...or 2? How many fans attended?
        1. Dont know but hype is not a measuring stck to me.

Comment

Not only that I loved the promotion, hype, the back and forth between Hatton/ Mayweather fans was entertaining on here

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
            1. Dont know but hype is not a measuring stck to me.

Good choice, but I'd still pick May-Hatton.

Maybe if Liston or Ali had brought a swarm of British fans with them. British fans make the best atmospheres

Comment

I was there! It was one of the real highlights of my first Vegas trip.

There was not much of a back and forth by the way, it was all Hatton fans, it was 99% Hatton fans. There were some children from a Mayweather charity sitting at one end. There was a big black dude who was pretty much trying to take the whole crowd by himself and getting anialated. "He's only got one fan! he's only got one fan!" lol.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                I was there! It was one of the real highlights of my first Vegas trip.

There was not much of a back and forth by the way, it was all Hatton fans, it was 99% Hatton fans. There were some children from a Mayweather charity sitting at one end. There was a big black dude who was pretty much trying to take the whole crowd by himself and getting anialated. "He's only got one fan! he's only got one fan!" lol.
                idk about the weigh in but floyd obviously had plenty of fans. the back and forth he was talking about wasnt at the weigh in either, he meant here on NSB. i dont think hatton had many more fans on fight night, they were just louder.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                  idk about the weigh in but floyd obviously had plenty of fans. the back and forth he was talking about wasnt at the weigh in either, he meant here on NSB. i dont think hatton had many more fans on fight night, they were just louder.
                  I don't know about the fight as I did not have tickets, I would imagine it was more even simply because of the comps, and Americans tend to pour into Vegas more on Friday evening/night. But I did watch the fight closed circuit in the MGM and even that was massively pro Hatton, I had a group of American guys near me and they were scared for their lives lol, but I assured them it was only fun and banter with the Brits.

On the whole though that weekend was Hattonmania, it was rare to come across a group of Mayweather fans anywhere in Vegas, whereas the Hatton fans were everywhere. I went to watch Maywether-Marquez in 09 also, and even then there seemed to be more Marquez fans, I have never felt Floyd is a huge gate seller, considering how well known he is. He picks fighters who sell well even going back to the Gatti days.

He is a huge box office attraction though, maybe it is the type of fans he has. He is the biggest ppv attraction, possibly in all of sports. Funnily enough in terms of gate I think he would sell better in the UK, I think he would sell out Wembley. British sports fans are the best in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post

* If you disagree, post the weigh-in with more emotion, fan engagement and starpower.
                    Your post clearly highlights the criteria mentioned and more, fantastic weigh-in, hopefully we get treated to a similar one - or thereabouts - with Ricky's return.

Comment

Working...
                    X