No announcement yet.

Ortiz vs Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ortiz vs Cotto

Assuming cotto loses to floyd and ortiz beats berto again, could we see Cotto vs Ortiz?? This would be a great fight...young mex vs veteran pr fighter. Ortiz could make 154 no problem.

If Cotto loses to Floyd, I could see him fighting Alvarez in December, if Floyd doesn't. Either that, or Oritz at a 150 CW or something probably.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
      If Cotto loses to Floyd, I could see him fighting Alvarez in December, if Floyd doesn't. Either that, or Oritz at a 150 CW or something probably.
      but If cotto loses to floyd and canelo beats shane then canelo and floyd will be next, at least thats what i think the plan is.

Comment

Cotto vs Ortiz
        has a nice ring to it...

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
          but If cotto loses to floyd and canelo beats shane then canelo and floyd will be next, at least thats what i think the plan is.
          Canelo is fighting in September first after Shane, that much has been confirmed. Kirkland and Molina are the most realistic options for Canelo in September. If Canelo were to beat one of them in September, I could see him fighting Floyd in December, and that'd be a solid fight for sure if Canelo does indeed beat one of those guys first.

But, in the event of Floyd choosing someone else for December, perhaps Berto (if he beats Ortiz) or Khan (if he beats Peterson and maybe a Top WW first), I could see GBO making a Cotto-Alvarez fight. That'd be a huge PPV fight, and Cott said he only really wants big fights at this point, and rightfully so. Cotto would take that in a heart beat, thinking he can definitely beat Alvarez, and so would Alvarez. If Alvarez were to beat Kirkland/Molina in September and than beat Cotto in December, it'd make a Floyd-Canelo fight in May 2013 HUGE.

Comment

Great action fight, but I'd hate for my two favorite fighters to fight each other.

Comment

great fight. both strong solid boxers but also have shown that they can be mentally broken. i see both of them coming out strong but one will start folding. i think ortiz will repeat his maidana performance in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by OutofTyme
                ortiz makes him take a knee
                Wow, ZERO contribution to the thread.

If I were to follow your steps and example of lame comments I would say something like this....

Cotto will make him quit, and Ortiz will cry like a little boy.

But, since Im better than that, Ill say that Cotto will just rape him and send him back to Cali to his "hey dude, I surf" days.

Comment

Ortiz knocks him out in 5

Comment

Originally posted by Da Boxer View Post
                    Wow, ZERO contribution to the thread.

If I were to follow your steps and example of lame comments I would say something like this....

Cotto will make him quit, and Ortiz will cry like a little boy.

But, since Im better than that, Ill say that Cotto will just rape him and send him back to Cali to his "hey dude, I surf" days.
                    it's a possibility though.

inb4 copypast of the list of the Mexican boxers

Comment

Working...
                    X