No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alex Leapai: I Will Be Back Bigger, Badder, Stronger

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Alex Leapai: I Will Be Back Bigger, Badder, Stronger

Australian boxer Alex Leapai returned home to a warm welcome in Brisbane on Tuesday morning determined he will get another chance to fight for a world title.

Leapai was the first Australian to fight for a world heavyweight title in over 100 years but was stopped in the fifth round by Ukranian champion Wladimir Klitschko in Germany on Sunday.

Leapai's wife Theresa and children were the first to greet him as he walked through the gates at Brisbane's International Airport.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Coming back "bigger" may not be the best strategy for a six foot 250 lb. man.

Comment

Yeah, be back smaller, not bigger. Fat isn't a useful tool to be a shock absorber to stop you from being knocked simple. Being lighter and having better stamina is more useful to keep on your feet. I'd like to see a Briggs/Leapai fight but I think Briggs either wants gifted with a title shot or to keep fighting guys that make Leapai look like Tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenGloveLove View Post
        Yeah, be back smaller, not bigger. Fat isn't a useful tool to be a shock absorber to stop you from being knocked simple. Being lighter and having better stamina is more useful to keep on your feet. I'd like to see a Briggs/Leapai fight but I think Briggs either wants gifted with a title shot or to keep fighting guys that make Leapai look like Tyson.
        don´t be back at all is my advice.

Comment

That's what they all say. The man is 34 years old and I'm sure he got a decent payday out of this. What more can he accomplish? Maybe fighting Wilder perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by GhostBlade View Post
            That's what they all say. The man is 34 years old and I'm sure he got a decent payday out of this. What more can he accomplish? Maybe fighting Wilder perhaps?
            He showed a decent chin so maybe that would be ok, he would have to average more than 2 punches per round though. What the **** was that about?

I could see Wilder panicking a bit once someone like Leapai (or more ideally Chisora) gets on the inside. Though with Leapai's head movement I very much doubt that would happen.

Comment

The state of the heavyweight division is a:

Comment

Lol no mate come back smaller yet stronger, and Wilder won't fight this guy for shit haha, He aint going against anyone that may have a chance of surviving one of his SUPERHUMAN punches.

Comment

Originally posted by Badzi1987 View Post
                  Lol no mate come back smaller yet stronger, and Wilder won't fight this guy for shit haha, He aint going against anyone that may have a chance of surviving one of his SUPERHUMAN punches.
                  wait are you actually overrating leapai? how is that even possible? i can't think of an easier opponent for wilder. a short guy who stands in one place and has a subpar chin.

Comment

No, go away Leapai. Fight Lucas Browne, and the fat loser of that fight goes away forever.

Comment

Working...
                    X