Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone tell me how Cotto beats Floyd..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone tell me how Cotto beats Floyd..

I would like someone to explain why they think Cotto will win this fight without hanging off one fighters nuts and hating on the other...

Just like I thought

Comment

he will box circles around mayweather with his hammer jab.

Comment

I think by crowding Mayweather and going to the body a LOT to slow him down.

Comment

Watch the Quintana, Malignagi, Judah, Mosley fights. You'll see that Cotto has done well against fast slick boxers. He landed more leather on those guys than any had before.

Cotto is not blazing fast but deceptively fast, has excellent timing and a very good power jab.

How about you answer the question who at WW poses the biggest risk to PBF? Who is the most deserving opponent for PBF?

No real boxing fan can intelligently debate why PBF shouldn't fight Cotto. Does PBF have to fight Cotto? (No he has done enough and can retire with me never saying he ducked Cotto).....but if he doesn't retire and stays active then he SHOULD fight Cotto no ands, ifs or buts about it.

Comment

There are numerous possible ways he can win: KO, TKO, UD, SD, MD

Comment

Originally posted by Left2body View Post
              Watch the Quintana, Malignagi, Judah, Mosley fights. You'll see that Cotto has done well against fast slick boxers. He landed more leather on those guys than any had before.

Cotto is not blazing fast but deceptively fast, has excellent timing and a very good power jab.

How about you answer the question who at WW poses the biggest risk to PBF? Who is the most deserving opponent for PBF?

No real boxing fan can intelligently debate why PBF shouldn't fight Cotto. Does PBF have to fight Cotto? (No he has done enough and can retire with me never saying he ducked Cotto).....but if he doesn't retire and stays active then he SHOULD fight Cotto no ands, ifs or buts about it.

These are all boxers who have no and I absolutely mean no defense. This combination in conjunction with Cotto being too damn slow and getting hit entirely too much is a recipe disaster!

Comment

The way he COULD beat Mayweather is by mixing up his attack, like he did with Mosley. Only difference is, he can't let those last 3 or 4 rounds go the same way. He has a relatively solid defense. Other then the few lapses when he lets his hands down because he gets over-confident and commits to the body shots, TOO MUCH. He'd have to use his more overall punishing jab and cirlce a bit more.. then try to get him on the ropes, like Oscar, except he'd need to be more deliberate. He's a natural swarmer. Hit him to the body, uppercuts, fight hard. Dirty if he needs to. Agaisnt stronger fighters, Floyd can be put against the ropes. He has a GREAT defense and can do great in-fighting, but Cotto is up there with him, in terms of that. When it's in the middle of the ring, he needs to double up the jab, to get him to jab up. Combos, and get off first. Double his punch output (Floyds) and try and keep up with his punches landed. Get off before Floyd does, allowing Mayweather to have less time to think and plan. Floyd likes to be able to dictate the fight, Cotto needs to stop that.

The five keys..
                Dictate the pace.
                Get off first.
                Jab, and double-jab to get him on the ropes.
                Calm, but VERY aggresive bodyshot and uppercut attack against the ropes.
                JAB JAB and JAB!

Comment

Originally posted by Mikie View Post
                  These are all boxers who have no and I absolutely mean no defense. This combination in conjunction with Cotto being too damn slow and getting hit entirely too much is a recipe disaster!
                  ROFL, dude your watching the wrong sport if you think Quintana, Malignagi, Judah and Mosley have no defense. You dont know what your talking about and its not worth debating with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikie View Post
                    No defense? Are you serious? If Malinaggi doesn't keep his hands up or shoulder to protect his chin, he moves away by using his timing and speed. Malinaggi utilizes the same defense Judah does when he's focused. Mosley isn't the best defensive fighter and I haven't seen Quintana that much.

Back on topic, Cotto could beat Mayweather with his timing. What did Floyd Sr. say will beat his son? Timing. He's well conditioned and can walk through Mayweather's punches. Some people forget he's as good as he is inside as he is on the outside. Mayweather is too, so this makes for an exciting fight

Comment

Working...
                    X