No announcement yet.

Current British Top 10 P4P.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current British Top 10 P4P.

Just for a bit of fun, rather than all the arguing & name calling over Khan's big loss, how do you see the current UK p4p list?

I'm **** at these things though

1 - Carl Froch. By a country mile.
    2 - David Haye. An over-reaction to Saturday night? He's only lost once in 8 years & that was away, on points, to an established champion who KO's just about everyone else he meets. He then stops a tough contender who's never even been down before (maybe Haye being #2 shows that currently UK boxing ain't all that???)
    3 - Ricky Burns. Deserves it after his decent run in the last 2 years.
    4 - Amir Khan. I was going to have him lower but there's no one else that deserving. Despite his kayo loss he's fought, & beat, much higher opposition than all but Froch.
    5 - Kell Brook. Was a tough choice between him & Cleverly but I think Jones is a tougher opponent than any that Nathan has faced.
    6 - Nathan Cleverly. Level of opposition has slightly regressed. Needs a big fight soon.
    7 - Tyson Fury. Price may or may not be better but Fury has fought better opposition so far.
    8 - Kevin Mitchell. Did a great job to stop John Murray. We've still to see how good he is. Was easily brushed aside by the tough but limited Katsidis. September 22nd will provide the answer. By the way, what happened to Murray? He's had a long enough break since Rios.
    9 - Gavin Rees. Tough little bastard who just won't go away. Being lined up for a title shot but I can't see him beating any of the current belt holders.
    10 - George Groves. Was a 3 way toss up (oo-er Missus) between him, Bellew & Martin Murray, but in beating an Olympic Gold Medalist who's now a European Champion (DeGale) Groves pips it. Has a tough bout later this month.

I am absolutely CERTAIN that I have missed out one or two obvious candidates. That's how I roll. I can also tell you that tomorrow my list would probably be in a different order - except for Froch!

p.s. I don't consider Afolabi British even though technically he is. Same goes for Olusegun & Proksa (although sort of opposite).

Haye no.1 for me. If its a P4P list, Haye moved up a division and knocked out guys much heavier than him (37lb for Chisora I believe) not to mention he's considered P4P one of the heaviest, if not the heaviest puncher in boxing today.

Froch definitely no.2. I don't agree with the country mile though. Froch was outclassed by the best in his division, Haye wasn't as both him and Wlad were terrible that night. Whilst 3-time world champion, he has never been THE man of his division, unlike Haye.

As for the rest, i'm not sure. Khan is definitely no.5 or lower. I'd never space out Price and Fury as far as you have though, them two should definitely be closer together, they are effectively at the same point in their careers.

Good list though

Comment

Good list, I'd have Afolabi at 7 bumping Groves off with Rees at 10.

If we consider Chisora British then we should Afolabi.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
        Good list, I'd have Afolabi at 7 bumping Groves off with Rees at 10.

If we consider Chisora British then we should Afolabi.

Thanks D-Mize.

I respectfully disagree. Afolabi was born here, left the country (in his teens) & resides overseas. Chisora the complete opposite. Ola only fought in the UK once. Chisora regularly fights here & was proudly British Champion.

But it's not that important. It's just a opinionated list so whoever you, or anyone else thinks, is all good.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
          I'd never space out Price and Fury as far as you have though, them two should definitely be closer together, they are effectively at the same point in their careers.
          Liam,

It's weird. I do have them level in many terms but Prices opponents are a little below Fury's. Still not sure if I'd like to see them fight now or in a couple of years.

**** it, both

Comment

Froch, Haye, Afolabi......the rest are lolworthy. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by injun View Post
              Froch......the rest are lolworthy. Sorry.
              fix't for ya

Comment

Good list that mate. Im sure this weekends fights have made some people re-think their usual order.
                I'd pretty much go along with your list. Mitchell gets the chance to jump up a few places when he fights Burns in September. Burns is deservedly up there at the minute.

I think Fury's win over Chisora just keeps him above Price at present, although if the 2 met id back Price.

As you said Murray ,Bellew, De Gale and Macklin are there or there abouts also.

Comment

Id rate Magee as a more accomplished SMW than Groves so I'd put him in there.

Scott Quigg should probably get a place he's had a few good wins.

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
                    Id rate Magee as a more accomplished SMW than Groves so I'd put him in there.

Scott Quigg should probably get a place he's had a few good wins.
                    Good points. Magee probably does deserve to be at least level with Groves. And all three of the Super-bantam weight lads deserve an honourable mention.

Comment

Working...
                    X