No announcement yet.

Jerry Quarry vs Jack Sharkey

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry Quarry vs Jack Sharkey

I think this would have been a great fight.

Who do you believe would have won,and why?

I'm going to go for Quarry on sheer toughness and strength of chin. Sharkey was good but never really for me gave his soul in the ring.

Comment

The great Jack Sharkey would laugh at an opponent as feeble as Jerry Quarry, who simply wasn't in the same league.

Comment

Jerry quarry should be in the ibhf

Comment

Originally posted by Joey Giardello View Post
          Jerry quarry should be in the ibhf
          Definitely not based on his resume. That's for damn sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
            I'm going to go for Quarry on sheer toughness and strength of chin. Sharkey was good but never really for me gave his soul in the ring.
            Sharkey wins a medium sized decision , maybe even a late stoppage (probably cuts) , if the fight is for 15 rounds.

quarry's chin is so overrated , he should not be confused with Bonavena and chuvalo , it takes a special kind of fighter to be KO'd by norton.
            Sharkey was the better fighter of the two and was definitely smarter.
            sharkey's volume of success was much bigger and had much more impressing career and achievements.

and yes , i saw both men fight , only just a little of each one yet.
            sharkey made a fool out of stribling and his record reveals stoppage and decision wins over some respectable defensive fighters and also decision wins over decent (for his time) offensive fighters.
            Last edited by frankenfrank; 03-05-2010, 02:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by frankenfrank View Post
              Sharkey wins a medium sized decision , maybe even a late stoppage (probably cuts) , if the fight is for 15 rounds.

quarry's chin is so overrated , he should not be confused with Bonavena and chuvalo , it takes a special kind of fighter to be KO'd by norton.
              sharkey's volume of success was much bigger and had much more impressing career and achievements.

sharkey made a fool out of stribling and his record reveals stoppage and decision wins over some respectable defensive fighters and also decision wins over decent (for his time) offensive fighters.
              Once again a ridiculous post by the forum clown... your knowledge of the sport of boxing is zero, When Quarry lost to Ken Norton he was at the very tail-end of his career and had nothing left, if quarry was to have fought Norton 5yrs earlier he would have been a clear winner, The Frazier (2) fight clearly showed that Quarry was well past his best..

Comment

Originally posted by Obama View Post
                The great Jack Sharkey would laugh at an opponent as feeble as Jerry Quarry, who simply wasn't in the same league.
                its now on a daily basis that i marvel at your laughable posts, Jerry Quarry would knock Jack Sharkey into the ground like a fuukin tent peg... its obvious to me that you are a boxrec geek who knows nothing about this sport and has never watched the great fighters from the 60s & 70s.. your comments get more outrageous by the day.

Comment

Yes,it seems all dunce is here for is to consistently troll this section.He spends all day copying and pasting articles and passes them off as his own and then he comes on here and come's up with lies and runs with his tail between his legs the moment he get's called out on his bull****.

for the record,jerry Quarry ducked no top level black fighters,which can't be said for some others unfortuantely.

It's a shame some disrespectful cretins like dunce feel the need to discredit one of oxings greatest warriors like Jerry Quarry.

Comment

Originally posted by frankenfrank View Post

I haven't watched the fight, but according to newspaper accounts it was close with Sharkey being the more deserving of the win.

Comment

Working...
                    X