No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Calzaghe: I Would've Been Too Strong and Fast For Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Calzaghe: I Would've Been Too Strong and Fast For Ward

The retired Joe Calzaghe told his personal website, that he would have been too strong and too fast for WBA/WBC Andre Ward - if the fighters would have met in Calzaghe's prime. Calzaghe (46-0, 32KOs), who retired undefeated in 2009, won every major title at 168-pounds, before a move to light heavyweight to face Bernard Hopkins and Roy Jones Jr. Last Saturday, Ward (25-0, 13KOs) unified the WBA/WBC titles and won the Super Six tournament with a twelve round decision over Carl Froch, a one-time domestic rival of Calzaghe.

[Click Here To Read More]

Haters in 3...2...1....

Calzaghe is the truth though. I don't think Ward would be able to beat him. But it would be the most interesting fight of SMW ever.

Comment

Calzaghe would have outworked Ward.

Comment

Just like you were to fast and strong for Hopkins. Joe Cokeaghe needs to STFU

Comment

not the hugest calzaghe fan but I don't have a very hard time seeing him beating Ward by UD. It's a very logical and reasonable conclusion. Ward is good but Calzaghe would just out throw him and win via activity.

Comment

It's only been 2 years Joe... Put the caine down and make a come back.

Comment

Originally posted by etlux View Post
              not the hugest calzaghe fan but I don't have a very hard time seeing him beating Ward by UD. It's a very logical and reasonable conclusion. Ward is good but Calzaghe would just out throw him and win via activity.
              he barely got a gift decision doing that against a old man hopkins lool won't work on ward who fights like a much younger hopkins............

Comment

Originally posted by SugarAnt05 View Post
                Just like you were to fast and strong for Hopkins. Joe Cokeaghe needs to STFU
                Calzaghe clearly beat Hopkins, he made a complete fool out of him after the 3rd rd. Because of the way Hopkins fouls, it was not as cleanly done as usual, but it was very clear to everybody except of course, Hopkins fanatics, ( natuelly I mean "fans") who think he's the latest Messiah. Why they love a grunting, low blowing, thumbing, holding, butting, acting, all-in-wrestler, I don't know, and don't care.

I've only seen about 4-5 Calzaghe fights, and none when he was at his peak,but he was the most energetic bigger man I've ever seen, other than Roy Jones, and had an uncanny ability to adjust and rapidly assert his dominance. If you don't see that, you must know little about boxing.

Comment

calzaghe ko's the glass jawed overhyped bum. let's see him get to 21 title defenses! we all know how hard it is to beat bums over and over and over. oh wait most fighters start their careers like 30-0 only difference is calzaghe had a paper belt while fighting his bums. greatness.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                    I've only seen about 4-5 Calzaghe fights

he was the most energetic bigger man I've ever seen, other than Roy Jones, and had an uncanny ability to adjust and rapidly assert his dominance.
                    i will leave it to others to point out how stupid you sound. i will stay classy as always.

Comment

Working...
                    X