Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto/Margarito 2 + 24/7 and proper promotion=2 million ppv buys.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post
    You think the promoters are gonna market the fight as:

COTTO MARGARITO 2

BOTH FIGHTERS HAVE A FEW LOSSES

COME BUY THIS PPV!!!

Dumbass.
    To be honest Jack I would hold off on the dumbass comments if you honestly believe that Cotto-Margs II would do anything close to 2 million. That is just plain stupid.

Comment

You think the promoters are gonna market the fight as:

COTTO MARGARITO 2

BOTH FIGHTERS HAVE A FEW LOSSES

COME BUY THIS PPV!!!

Dumbass.
      dip**** you dont know anything about business or marketing, stay in high school. It dosent matter what the Promotion Company markets it as, the general public wont by it because of the fighters recent bout over the last two years. Like RJJ vs Bhop 2, Cotto's been stopped twice and Margarito's been knocked out. To say this will do 2mill you have to be ******ed. If they were both in their primes, hadnt been knocked out and had a 24/7 they would be lucky to do 1.3 mill. They have never had big fan base. Tyson vs Holyfield couldnt get past 2mill for god sakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
        To be honest Jack I would hold off on the dumbass comments if you honestly believe that Cotto-Margs II would do anything close to 2 million. That is just plain stupid.
        I don't give a **** what you would do Dan.

I know the market. And I know what this fight would do. My ppv predictions have always been impeccable.

500k+ a few years back prior to being as well known, with NO promotion...

Fast forward and extrapolate that.

The fight is a blockbuster waiting to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by The Comedian View Post
          dip**** you dont know anything about business or marketing, stay in high school. It dosent matter what the Promotion Company markets it as, the general public wont by it because of the fighters recent bout over the last two years. Like RJJ vs Bhop 2, Cotto's been stopped twice and Margarito's been knocked out. To say this will do 2mill you have to be ******ed. If they were both in their primes, hadnt been knocked out and had a 24/7 they would be lucky to do 1.3 mill. They have never had big fan base. Tyson vs Holyfield couldnt get past 2mill for god sakes.
          Tyson Holyfield w/ a 24/7 would pass 2 mill easy. They did those numbers w/ no 24/7.

And you're telling me these guys have no fanbase? You're a joke.

Margarito sold out Staples, and he just came back and sold out a 20k seat bullring in Mexico.

Cotto can sell out N.Y fighting scrubs.

Don't be jealous of fighters that have organic fanbases that they built on merit.

Comment

I don't give a **** what you would do Dan.

I know the market. And I know what this fight would do. My ppv predictions have always been impeccable.

500k+ a few years back prior to being as well known, with NO promotion...

Fast forward and extrapolate that.

The fight is a blockbuster waiting to happen.
            You are effectively asking almost 4 times as many people to buy the second fight, I think that is a big ask.

You make the point of the fighters being more "well known" but I'm not sure that is totally a positive thing. One of them is now more well-known having taken a couple of kickings and the other one for attempting to cheat.

I think it would certainly do significantly more than the first one if promoted well, potentially up to 1 million, but 2 million is just completely ridiculous.

Comment

Tyson Holyfield w/ a 24/7 would pass 2 mill easy. They did those numbers w/ no 24/7.

And you're telling me these guys have no fanbase? You're a joke.

Margarito sold out Staples, and he just came back and sold out a 20k seat bullring in Mexico.

Cotto can sell out N.Y fighting scrubs.

Don't be jealous of fighters that have organic fanbases that they built on merit.
              Im not gonna entertain your stupidity with anymore serious rebuttals, if you think Cotto v Margarito 2 could even come close to 2mill your already lost. Stay in school and keep on working on getting your diploma, you might learn something along the way.

Comment

The mainstream wouldn't buy into this fight, and it would not do a mil.

Even with a 24/7.

Comment

Originally posted by The Comedian View Post
                  Im not gonna entertain your stupidity with anymore serious rebuttals, if you think Cotto v Margarito 2 could even come close to 2mill your already lost. Stay in school and keep on working on getting your diploma, you might learn something along the way.
                  Have fun in clown college.

Clown.

Comment

Dude your tripping. How did you stumble across this site because obvisouly your not a boxing fan.

Comment

Make it happen........

Comment

Working...
                      X