No announcement yet.

December 1st, Heavyweight Breakout!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December 1st, Heavyweight Breakout!

Tyson Fury fights Kevin Johnson & Mike Perez fights Ruslan Chagaev.

Personally I give Perez a better chance of beating Chagaev than I do Fury of beating Johnson.

Coming from a London Irish family I always view the whole of the isles together (sorry if this offends anyone who enjoys political or religious divisions decided by others) & a win for both Perez (I know he's Cuban but he's a Paddy Cuban now ) & Fury would be fantastic.

It means there'd be 3 decent, undefeated heavyweights from our little island chain all ready to challenge for world honours. And in a post Klitschko world I think the division would blossom again. We just need a couple of decent Americans in there to get the US public/tv/money interested again.

I'd like to see a photo of Perez (well his stomach mainly) before i make up my mind on that fight!

And Fury will get the decision even if he doesnt deserve it i reckon.

Hopefully they both win and end up fighting each other and get Price into the mix, but i dont think Fury and Price wll fight until there is a major prize at stake.

Seth Mitchell is fighting Banks this weekend, that should be a good match up.

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
      I'd like to see a photo of Perez (well his stomach mainly) before i make up my mind on that fight!

And Fury will get the decision even if he doesnt deserve it i reckon.

Hopefully they both win and end up fighting each other and get Price into the mix, but i dont think Fury and Price wll fight until there is a major prize at stake.

Seth Mitchell is fighting Banks this weekend, that should be a good match up.
      Hello Mr Albino,

I'm not that sold on Banks. Saying that, I'm not that sold on Mitchell either (yet) so yes, it is a good match up.

Not sure I agree about Tyson getting a decision he doesn't deserve. Hennesey isn't Warren.

But I do think that Kevin Johnson is an excellent boxer (by todays standards) & will school Fury. Would love to be proved wrong though.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
        Hello Mr Albino,

I'm not that sold on Banks. Saying that, I'm not that sold on Mitchell either (yet) so yes, it is a good match up.

Not sure I agree about Tyson getting a decision he doesn't deserve. Hennesey isn't Warren.

But I do think that Kevin Johnson is an excellent boxer (by todays standards) & will school Fury. Would love to be proved wrong though.
        Ive seen enough favourable calls by refs to know the judges will be on his side lol. I really dont like Johnson, so maybe im biased against him, but i just dont think hes very good . Good jab, good defence thats about it imo.

His style didnt suit prizefighter, but Fury is capable of making every fight look like a prizefighter fight! I think Fury will do enough to make it close enough to get the nod; even if he is made to look silly at times. Johnson also took the fight on late notice so might not be in tip top shape. All the signs point to a Fury win for me.

Banks isnt gonna make it as a top HW, but if Mitchell can beat him and look good, im sure tv in America will hype him up a bit so get a bit more interest in the HW division. Ive only seen a few Mitchell fights, but he looks good enough to make the top 10 to me

Comment

I did not know Banks and Mitchell were fighting each other. Both guys are decent, have solid power and this should be a fight which propels the winner onto bigger and better things.

Hopefully Mitchell wins it as I see him having a higher skill level. After this he really has to step up the competition. A Helenius/Povetkin/Price match up would be HUGE!

Comment

Well thats Mitchell's rise to the top 10 de-railed. Entertaining fight while it lasted though. Didnt think Banks had it in him.

Comment

chag is past it - if perez is in decent shape he'll get the win. I'd love to see him get a shot in 2013 - perez povetikin would be the job, winner goes up against wlad. Fury ... well I think he'll get the win too but there is always the chance of the fury train derailing he's just not got the skills as of yet but in fairness to him he is improving.

Comment

Working...
              X