Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hatton v. Senchenko: Will Ricky go to pieces if he loses again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hatton v. Senchenko: Will Ricky go to pieces if he loses again?

Opinions? Anyone

From his interviews lately it seems that boxing is a sort of redemption for him in terms of sorting his demons out, losing weight, getting into a routine and filling a void in his life again. He has spoke about how even if he lost, he's already won the fight in his life. If he can stick to those principles and this comeback is a catalyst for a better lifestyle, then I can't see why he would fall apart as he seems to have a good network of people around him.

On the flipside, he seemed to be one of the guys who had a focus after boxing, with his promotional company etc and not even that could prevent his well-acknowledged troubles. Once he retires again or loses, that void will be there again, feeling how he's let everybody down and having to make up for it. I just hope Ricky realises that despite what he thinks, there was no shame in losing to Pac and May and even if he gets beat in his comeback by somebody inferior to them, it doesn't detract from the fact that he was (and still is?) a top operator who just fell short against the elite.

Comment

If he loses to a person like Senchenko..... probably

Comment

Originally posted by 1270 View Post
        From his interviews lately it seems that boxing is a sort of redemption for him in terms of sorting his demons out, losing weight, getting into a routine and filling a void in his life again. He has spoke about how even if he lost, he's already won the fight in his life. If he can stick to those principles and this comeback is a catalyst for a better lifestyle, then I can't see why he would fall apart as he seems to have a good network of people around him.

On the flipside, he seemed to be one of the guys who had a focus after boxing, with his promotional company etc and not even that could prevent his well-acknowledged troubles. Once he retires again or loses, that void will be there again, feeling how he's let everybody down and having to make up for it. I just hope Ricky realises that despite what he thinks, there was no shame in losing to Pac and May and even if he gets beat in his comeback by somebody inferior to them, it doesn't detract from the fact that he was (and still is?) a top operator who just fell short against the elite.
        Yeah losing the weight slowly will have helped but after 3 years even heavy sparring won't shake off ring rust that quick he is mentally ready but is his chin suspect enough to start causing problems In the fight I think he will dishearten

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
          If he loses to a person like Senchenko..... probably
          True if,boxers like maligwanka are beating overrated generic European paper champs eg senchenko then hatton should win but what do you reckon about the fight being possiblly staged as a confidence builder in prep for a world title shot rematch against maligmaggi

Comment

I would def go to pieces if i lost to a guy who got KO'd by Paulie

Comment

Problem with athletes at world level, they have great highs, but low lows. A normal person like us may be happy wit a bonus at work, or a great GF, but him, a world champ etc... to a Highlight KO reel...

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                I would def go to pieces if i lost to a guy who got KO'd by Paulie
                If it happenS he should just disappear off the face of the earth not even allowed a public announcement about retiring he should just be gone with missing persons list

Comment

A one-sided loss would force Ricky over the edge. I close decision loss and he would be hurt but attribute it to rust. I think Ricky should stay away from the ring, he isn't going to be 50% of what he was.

Comment

If he gets stopped by Senchenko he'd have to be put on suicide watch and I'm serious.

Comment

Working...
                    X