Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Buster Douglas KO Mike Tyson boxing's biggest upset ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also..let's NOT forget Chris Byrd vs Vitali Klitschko..... Vitali was 27-0.. all wins coming by way of knockout>>> best start in heavyweight history.. Byrd was crying like a little bytch when the victory was handed to him on a gold platter.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
      I was 13. Me and my Maw were Tyson fans since the begining. That fight had a funny air about it, and I remember tellin my Maw, that somethin aint right. I thought the fight was gonna be over and that I was trippin in the 8th when Mike KD Buster(I still to this day believe the ref gave a long count, Buster aint beat that count shoulda been a KO for Mike ). I'll never forget we were yellin at the TV(Like he coulda heard us)for Mike to forget about the mouthpeice and just get up. Mike(to me atleast)was the last world's baddest man.
      I was 12 at the time and one of my friends pissed me off because he saved all of the newspaper headlines from the next day lol. I was playing for my school basketball team and they announced it on the speakers. It was shocking and I'll never forget that. I was a big Tyson fan in those days.

Comment

I heard Tyson spent more time fooling around with Japanese women than training for the fight, and it cost him in the end. Furthermore, Douglas had just lost his mother prior to the fight, nothing was going to stop Buster that night. What a story that was!

Comment

Maybe.

I consider Foreman over Moorer a bigger upset, but that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy1569 View Post
            That long count is NOT Douglas' FAULT. He went by what the referee's count was. If the count was quicker..he would've got up quicker. The way Don KING TRIED to spin things when Mike was getting his a$$ handed to him on a platter was borderline criminal. Mike did show heart that night coming up with that punch & if that would've been ruled a KO it would've covered up everything that was wrong with him. People would've bought the fact that Mike could show up at 50% & still KTFO any time he wanted to. Buster was the better fighter that night & justice prevailed as he earned the knockout of Tyson & was the better man that night... end of story!
            Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, Slick. Nobody said the count was Buster's fault, where the heel did you see that at? I simply stated that even as a 13 year old kid, I saw that the count was long(I havent watched that fight since THAT night, and wont watch it ever again. I saw all I needed to see of that fight 21 years ago bruh). Mike deserved to lose that night and he did. he did not prepare properly for that fight, and had all the wrong people around him at the time. Mind you I'm lookin back on it as I saw it 21 years ago.

The end of story comment was unnecessary. Whatever Justice you feel needed to be exacted(it seems to me)is something that you're gonna have to work out internally bruh.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
              I was 12 at the time and one of my friends pissed me off because he saved all of the newspaper headlines from the next day lol. I was playing for my school basketball team and they announced it on the speakers. It was shocking and I'll never forget that. I was a big Tyson fan in those days.
              Me too bruh. You couldnt've paid me to believe Iron Mike Tyson could lose.

Comment

Originally posted by FootWork777 View Post
                I heard Tyson spent more time fooling around with Japanese women than training for the fight, and it cost him in the end. Furthermore, Douglas had just lost his mother prior to the fight, nothing was going to stop Buster that night. What a story that was!
                Absolutely. That night had a feel in the air bruh. I lie to you not.

Comment

Originally posted by [KLTP]Kirby View Post
                  Maybe.

I consider Foreman over Moorer a bigger upset, but that's just me.
                  Yeah who thought a 45 year old George Foreman would become heavyweight champion? But Douglas vs Tyson and Clay vs Liston were much bigger upsets imo.

Comment

I'm struggling to think of a bigger upset in sporting history tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
                      Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, Slick. Nobody said the count was Buster's fault, where the heel did you see that at? I simply stated that even as a 13 year old kid, I saw that the count was long(I havent watched that fight since THAT night, and wont watch it ever again. I saw all I needed to see of that fight 21 years ago bruh). Mike deserved to lose that night and he did. he did not prepare properly for that fight, and had all the wrong people around him at the time. Mind you I'm lookin back on it as I saw it 21 years ago.

The end of story comment was unnecessary. Whatever Justice you feel needed to be exacted(it seems to me)is something that you're gonna have to work out internally bruh.
                      Son...not talking so much to you as to the peeps who brought into that whack conspirancy theory as if Mike deserved the knockout somehow. Hold your horses. You're a Mike Tyson fan & you saw the fight as it actually happened. Just pointed it out the fact that you mentioned the long count & how Don King rolled with that..shoot Mike was there..he'd be the first to tell anyone he wasn't the better man that night & got beat fair & square... kapish.

Comment

Working...
                      X