Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

****ing Republicans are getting on my nerves...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dmocchi View Post
    Not to mention trying to block EPA clean air Legislation.

Im not even american but why does it seem to us canadians that all republicans are unable to admit to global climate change.......?isnt it enough that storms and tsumamis are wrecking havoc around the world?

Its kind of disconcerting and frustrating knowing that our "neighbors" concede and proliferate a different truth to the one accepted by the rest of the world.....
    Tsunamis have nothing to do with the climate. They're caused by earthquakes which are caused by plate tectonics.

Furthermore there's no causal link between climate change (which is real by the way and is in the main part caused by human activity according to scientific consensus) and an increase in storm activity.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
      Hell Vet. I'm right down the road from you in Beltsville. We shoulda been got up together for a fight or two.
      i know man, we've discussed it a couple times.... but never got around to it!

i drive right by beltsville on 295 on my way into the shithole capitol every day

Comment

Does TS realize this budget should've been turned in a year ago, when Obama had STRONG majorities in the House and Senate?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
          Does TS realize this budget should've been turned in a year ago, when Obama had STRONG majorities in the House and Senate?
          The 2011 budget should have been turned in early because the Dems had a majority?

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
            The 2011 budget should have been turned in early because the Dems had a majority?
            The fiscal year 2010/2011 budget should've been turned in by April 15, 2010.

Instead, here we are almost half way through the year this budget is supposed to cover.

Surely you know this.

In case you don't, the Federal Gov faces a shutdown over a failure to agree on budget that was supposed to cover October 1, 2010 to September 30, 2011. For obvious reasons, we don't usually wait until early April, 2011 to create said budget.
            Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 04-07-2011, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
              Hell Vet. I'm right down the road from you in Beltsville. We shoulda been got up together for a fight or two.
              YEA!! KICK HIS ASS CHIEF!!!

j/k.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                The fiscal year 2010/2011 budget should've been turned in by April 15, 2010.

Instead, here we are almost half way through the year this budget is supposed to cover.

Surely you know this.

In case you don't, the Federal Gov faces a shutdown over a failure to agree on budget that was supposed to cover October 1, 2010 to September 30, 2011. For obvious reasons, we don't usually wait until early April, 2011 to create said budget.
                The budget was voted down in the house thanks to pressure on marginal Democrat seats from right wingers. Surely you know this.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                  The budget was voted down in the house thanks to pressure on marginal Democrat seats from right wingers. Surely you know this.
                  Lol, nice save. Or not. Dems had a huge majority in the House and only needed a simple majority. They also had almost half a year to get that budget in before the fiscal year began. But apparently were too busy spending record amounts of money and campaigning for an election in which they were ultimately shellacked.

Even after last November's elections, they could've used their supermajority to pass a budget instead of all the crap that they jammed through the lame duck session. They wanted to kick the can down the road so that they could try to pin the blame on Republicans, something that appears to have worked on a select few idiots.

I suppose after 3 record deficits in a row, Pelosi didn't want to turn in a 4th.
                  Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 04-07-2011, 04:27 PM.

Comment

dont get me wrong, i dont like the GOP any more than the libs really... but this should be stated
                    just an excerpt from the article...
                    Boehner called on the Senate to act on the bill.

“There is absolutely no policy reason for the Senate not to follow the House in taking these responsible steps to support our troops and keep our government open,” he said on the House floor.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...ould-veto.html

Comment

not a huge huckabee fan either but im definitely with him here

Mike Huckabee: No paychecks for Obama, lawmakers if government is shutdown

Mike Huckabee said on Thursday that President Barack Obama and members of Congress shouldn’t be collecting their paychecks in the event of a government shutdown.

Continue Reading
                      “A bill was passed last weekend that I thought was a great bill,” Huckabee said in an appearance on “The View.” “It said, ‘If the government shuts down, the Congress and the president don't get paid.’ I think that is a bill that should pass.”

In March, the Senate unanimously passed a bill that would stop salary payments to members of Congress and the president if a shutdown happens. But the House never took up that bill, drafted by Sen. Barbara Boxer, (D-Calif.)

Huckabee’s comments come as the top budget negotiators say little progress has been made toward a deal ahead of Friday’s shutdown deadline.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0411/52738.html

Comment

Working...
                      X