Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward won Gold at 178 then moved down to 160!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
    Like i told you in another thread,some fighters can make a certain weight and some can`t.It depends on the fighters body type.Ward is much skinnier then Dawson so ofcourse he can fight at super middle with no problem.
    jesus You've got more excuses than a pregnant nun. The person who really wants to do something finds a way; the other person finds an excuse. A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else. Excuses are the nails used to build a house of failure.

Comment

Originally posted by raskat View Post
      amateurs and professional are different. 3 rounds with headgear or 12 rounds without headgear. furthermore why didnt Ward move up to 175 if he fought at that weight before?? instead he decided to weight drain him and kill Dawson. furthermore Andre Ward didnt fight at lightheavyweight in the amateurs because lightheavyweight was his natural weight back then, cause it was not. he did it cause his cousin DonYil Livingston fought at middleweight. they were both middleweights but they decided to change weight classes so they wouldnt have to fight each other.
      whatever he still did it. A lot of guys have. Dawson fought at 168 many times

Comment

Chad weighed 193 lbs fight night for some LHW fights, going to 168 is an insane weight drop

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
          whatever he still did it. A lot of guys have. Dawson fought at 168 many times

6 years ago!!

Comment

For all you guys making excuses because you picked wrong Andre Ward himself dropped down in weight and was successful among others. STOP MAKING EXCUSES! because :gay:
            And Andre Ward was getting dropped bad at 160 he was drained at that weight.

Comment

Originally posted by raskat View Post
              amateurs and professional are different. 3 rounds with headgear or 12 rounds without headgear. furthermore why didnt Ward move up to 175 if he fought at that weight before?? instead he decided to weight drain him and kill Dawson. furthermore Andre Ward didnt fight at lightheavyweight in the amateurs because lightheavyweight was his natural weight back then, cause it was not. he did it cause his cousin DonYil Livingston fought at middleweight. they were both middleweights but they decided to change weight classes so they wouldnt have to fight each other.
              Regardless Dre still brought home Gold at Light Heavy which proves he's more than capable of out BOXING larger men. Chad made a calculated risk coming down in weight, because he knew if he was able to de-thron Dre at 168 he would have All the money fights on his table. Let's not kid ourselves and act like he did Dre a favor, because Chad wanted Dre's belts which would have led to Froch, Kessler, Dirrell all potential money fights. He has only a fraction of those options at 175, so he came down but ran into a buzzsaw.

Im not mad at him, just the way I see it.

Comment

jesus You've got more excuses than a pregnant nun. The person who really wants to do something finds a way; the other person finds an excuse. A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else. Excuses are the nails used to build a house of failure.
                you werent directing that comment at me, but: I dont have to make an excuse. Because I am not a Chad Dawson fan and not an Andre Ward fan. I m not even black, so why would I say that Dawson was dead at the weight if I dont give a f+ck about both fighters,meaning I dont like or dislike any of them?
                its almost impossible for me to believe Ward can knock out so easily the best LW in the world even though Ward was NOT able AT ALL to knock down the best 168 pounders in the world. makes only sense if Dawson was totally dead at the weight and that was what it looked like when watching the fight

Comment

Amateurs will fight closer to their natural weight because they have to fight often and need to have energy, they are not allowed to DRAIN and than rehydrate 20 pounds that would be extremely dangerous doing that every week, Ams fight on a weekly basis and fight a lot of fights, so they must fight at their walk around weights. Thats why Bradley fought so high in the ams, and Berto too, cutting tons of weight would have killed those guys imagine starving yourself every single day just to fight at 147 when you walk around at 170? You can only do that in the pros because you don't fight often.

Comment

Wow get off his dick.

Comment

You just used his owned stupid thread against him.Also in a interview last year or this year before Dawson called Ward out,Ward said that he was considering fighting for a light-heavyweight belt at a catch-weight but when Dawson asked him for a catch-weight he declined.
                      Hardly because it doesn't change the facts that ward has done it
                      Others have done it
                      Chad wanted to do it
                      he said he was 100%
                      he said he made weight no problem would not be drained or dehydrated
                      his stregth and conditioning coach said it was no problem.
                      DAWSON himself said the weight was no problem AFTER the fight.

You are biased for Dawson You are so desperate for excuses you ignore the facts. You can't admit you where wrong about Dawson. Go back to posting endlessly about Floyd because you make a better fan boy then annalist

Dawson by far,that Hopkins win alone *****s on all of Wards opponent combined.

Comment

Working...
                      X