Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone go see "The Fighter" tonight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i saw narnia instead

Comment

Originally posted by dans View Post
      I went. I thought it was a very good movie. If you were expecting a movie based on Ward's career and trilogy with Gatti, you may be dissappointed. This movie is almost more about Dicky Eklund and his relationship with Ward.

I found it very interesting and one of the best boxing movies ever.
      Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post
      I didn't like it. It was mostly about his brother Dicky. I feel that Micky Ward is a more outspoken person with more character than what Mark Wahlberg portrayed. Micky talks faster and is more expressive when he talks and moves around more relaxed. I wished they would have shown a little on the Gatti vs Ward trilogy. Maybe they can make a movie on Arturo "Thunder" Gatti and call it "Thunder." And maybe the real Mickey Ward can star in it.
      Proved my point.

If that's what you were expecting, you didn't read the writeups or know what the movie was about.

I do agree with you about "Thunder" though. It has to be made, because that is a story that needs telling.

Comment

I heard it's pretty blatant Oscar bait? Did you get this impression?

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
          I heard it's pretty blatant Oscar bait? Did you get this impression?
          You mean they are trying to win awards with it?

I don't know if the movie will win awards, but Christian Bale probably will.

Comment

Originally posted by dans View Post
            You mean they are trying to win awards with it?

I don't know if the movie will win awards, but Christian Bale probably will.
            Yeah, that it's kind of contrived and hypersentimental.

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
              Yeah, that it's kind of contrived and hypersentimental.
              Hmm, I don't know if I got that from the movie. It is a bit sentimental, but not overly and it doesn't feel forced. The Eklund character keeps the movie loose I thought. There is comedic relief as well with Ward's sisters etc. Just a messed up family all together.

Comment

I saw Tron instead.

Hint for everyone.

Don't watch it in 3D.

Most of it is in 2D.

And the glasses make everything darker.

It takes away from the movie.

Comment

if anyone saw trom over fighter their garbage. tron was reviewed as one of the worst movies of the year. there is a reason why these dumb action movies dont win awards there is no intelligence behind these waste of movies. the fighter was great and christian bale will win best supporting actor hands down

Comment

Originally posted by Dandiez1 View Post
                    if anyone saw trom over fighter their garbage. tron was reviewed as one of the worst movies of the year. there is a reason why these dumb action movies dont win awards there is no intelligence behind these waste of movies. the fighter was great and christian bale will win best supporting actor hands down
                    I agree.

No one should be watching trom.

Now Tron Legacy was cool.

Very fun movie.

What's trom about?

Comment

Working...
                    X