No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Manuel Marquez is Leaning Towards Retirement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Juan Manuel Marquez is Leaning Towards Retirement

Juan Manuel Marquez, 40-years-old and winner of titles in four weight divisions, appears to be leaning towards retirement after suffering a twelve round split decision loss to undefeated WBO welterweight champion Timothy Bradley on Saturday night at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas.

After knocking out Manny Pacquiao in their fourth meeting last December, Marquez planned to retire and his family was pressuring him to walk away, but his wife gave him permission to pursue a fifth world crown from Bradley. [Click Here To Read More]

That's cause he knows Pacquiao won't give him a rematch and he would be stuck fighting Rios, Alvarado or Ruslan. And either one of those guys would hurt this dude bad...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Should have left on that Pacquiao TKO. There can't be too many fighters that went out on such a win. Lennox retired on top but left some controversy behind the win. There was absolutely no controversy when Marquez put Pacquiao to sleep like that. There was no better way to go out.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
        That's cause he knows Pacquiao won't give him a rematch and he would be stuck fight Rios, Alvarado or Ruslan... And either one of those guys would hurt this dude bad...
        I highly doubt any of those guys come remotely close to beating even a 40 year old Marquez. Unlike Bradley, these guys will be in front of Marquez engaging, eventually he'll knock them out.

Comment

pretty crazy both brothers retired the same year

Comment

cry yourself to sleep sucking on this

What a complete b1tch moaning like he's entitled. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Hold onto that Pacquiao victory but just remember how you left the game, moaning and crying after getting beaten without controversy.

Comment

Good for him. Great career and i hope he does retire and enjoys his life.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Should have left on that Pacquiao TKO. There can't be too many fighters that went out on such a win. Lennox retired on top but left some controversy behind the win. There was absolutely no controversy when Marquez put Pacquiao to sleep like that. There was no better way to go out.
                Ideally I agree. Although the six million he banked surely helps out now that he may no longer continue to fight.

Comment

Man, Marquez is not doing himself any favors with how he is talking in regards to Saturday night's fight. Besides that, I can't BELIEVE he is talking about giving up before getting that title. Bradley is very fast and athletic and outboxed him in what looked like a poor man's version of Floyd Mayweather.

Marquez should just go for another champion at 147 - perhaps the winner of Maidana/Broner.

I can't believe he is thinking about going out like this.

Comment

Marquez threw less punches than Bradley so I can't see why he would say that Bradley didn't want to fight. If Juan wanted to fight so bad he would have thrown at least 700 punches.

Comment

Working...
                    X