How Can I strengthen my knuckles?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Can I strengthen my knuckles?

Are there any exercises available to strengthening them. What about killing the nerves in your knuckles. After most boxing training session my knuckles are sore and bruised. What about overall strengthening all my bones in my body,

Hitting the wall! Joking, I'm not sure about that, I know that if you hit things your knuckles will evetually get bigger though.

Comment

then your boxing sessions are enough, just let em recover and thats it, strength will come with time in the form of calluses hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Flawless View Post

Are there any exercises available to strengthening them. What about killing the nerves in your knuckles. After most boxing training session my knuckles are sore and bruised. What about overall strengthening all my bones in my body,
        Maybe if you choke the chicken from time , maybe

Comment

/

Originally posted by Karlos1991 View Post
          Hitting the wall! Joking, I'm not sure about that, I know that if you hit things your knuckles will evetually get bigger though.
          your knucles dont grow when you hit them lol, their bone , smacking them wont stimulate them to grow, lol,

to streangthen your knuckels, for a start wear some better gloves, go buy some proper cumfy ba gloves that wont hurnt your knuckes, thats the idea of gloves,

seconly, let them ehal no and agin eventuly they may become stronger, you cant avoid it, it is beacuse some of the nervers die but their is nothing wrong with that, your skin also toughens up a bit

Comment

your skin will naturally toughen up after a bit i hadthe same problem when i started,

my uncle told me a trick of heating up hot gravel or sand and then punching into it - dont know if it works as i havent tried but his hands have really rough rhino skin so maybe it does work.
            ________
            VOLCANO VAPORIZER
            Last edited by hookoutofhell; 03-14-2011, 01:19 PM.

Comment

First of all, check your handwraps with your coach if you're not certain they're good ones because it could just be that you're wraps are **** which is causing the problem and has nothing to do with your knuckles 'being weak'. Also maybe look into some different wrapping methods, the ribbon method is hard to master but it offers the best protection for your knuckles.

Second, are you using bag gloves or bag mitts? If you're using mitts maybe you need the extra protection from bag gloves. Also, check your gloves, make sure they're still decent and not wearing away.

Third, if you are unlucky enough to have what they sometimes call 'bad knuckles' for boxing then there's little you can do except endure it and wait because when your body is under constant pressure in certain points it will send signals for calcium etc. deposits to be sent to the specific area creating denser and bigger bones.

Also don't go and do some stupid **** like punching trees, walls, heavy bags etc. bare knuckled.

In all honesty I bet 98% of knuckle problems in boxing like yours are can be solved with an adjustment in handwraps, whether you get new ones or use a different method, or gloves.

Comment

You may be wrapping them wrong or wearing cheap gloves. Also, have a look at your techniques. they are usually a cause for these kinds of things. Lamb trotters, milk fish, eggs and other such foods are ideal if you are lacking nutrients. I would say it is one of these three things or a combination of all.

Comment

Isn't there some kind of old karate trick where you hit some newspaper against a wall for a hour ( maybe more ) and the cartilage in your knuckles will turn into bone?

Comment

Pounding your bare knuckles against anything is silly and will do nothing except make your hands hurt and weaken your bone. Check your hand wraps.

Comment

Working...
                    X