Collapse
No announcement yet.

About refs...So what we're saying is...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About refs...So what we're saying is...

After the recent 'questionable' calls by referee's we would all prefer Kenny Bayless to look after every fight?

It appears he's the name everyone has been calling for recently.

In all seriousness -

Overall I think the commissions could do with looking a little closer at who they are appointing to each fight, it seems like they just pick a name out of the hat and say "yeah, he'll do, even if he is 500 yrs old and best mates with 'fighter A and 'fighter B' slept with his mum".

Certain refs are just suited certain fights if you ask me - its starting to get embarrassing for the sport now.
    Last edited by Sage84; 10-21-2011, 09:56 AM.

speaking of vegas refs, where have tony weeks and jay nady been?

Comment

Originally posted by gauze View Post
      speaking of vegas refs, where have tony weeks and jay nady been?
      Somali pirates got em

Comment

Originally posted by Sage84 View Post
        Overall I think the commissions could do with looking a little closer at who they are appointing to each fight, it seems like they just pick a name out of the hat and say "yeah, he'll do, even if he is 500 yrs old and best mates with 'fighter A and 'fighter B' slept with his mum".
        what, hatton, calzaghe, ortiz all done cortez's mum? damn, i'll have to look her up on google! ha h

Comment

I call Bayless for all major fights... I mean at least the PPV because people are paying for that stuff and the best officiating should be there.

Comment

I couldn't believe they had Bayless on the UNDERCARD for the Floyd-Ortiz fight but Cortez for the main event

talk about screwing that one up.

Refs need to be more educated. And not just young refs, I think it should be a requirement for ALL refs, even the old school, very qualified refs to have some sort of thorough meeting/course/whatever once a year or something like that, to go over the rules and really hammer it in.

But of course, a lot of it is split second judgement calls that you simply can't teach, which is what separates the Kenny Bayless's and Smogers from the Joe Cortez' of the world. And even the best make mistakes like Bayless ruling Pacquiao getting knocked down against Mosley and Smoger letting Jones almost get killed. But both of them admit their mistakes which is another fine quality you don't see often.

Comment

Working...
            X