No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sillakh: I'm Ready, I Know I Can Beat Sergey Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sillakh: I'm Ready, I Know I Can Beat Sergey Kovalev

Light heavyweight contender Ismayl "Black Russian" Sillakh (21-1, 17KOs) of Ukraine, is confident he will unseat WBO champion Sergey "Krusher" Kovalev (22-0-1, 20KOs) of Russia on Saturday night at the Pepsi Coliseum in Quebec City, Canada. The fight will be televised on HBO.

Sillkah, once regarded as one of the best prospects in boxing, is looking to redeem his career after suffering an upset TKO defeat to Denis Garchev in April of 2012. At the moment he was stopped, Sillakh was well ahead on the cards and knocked Grachev down in the third. Sillakh has won four in a row since, three of those wins by knockout. Kovalev had been destroying his opponents, including a recent four round demolition of previously undefeated Nathan Cleverly of the UK to win the title. [Click Here To Read More]

Kovalev is going to rape that guy unless Silakh dramatically improves all of a sudden

Comment

i know no one is giving him a shot but call me crazy i really believe he can pull the upset off if he stays focused. dude is a world class boxer hopefully his power can keep kov on the outside

Comment

Kovalev is one of the best in the division. No worries for Kovalev. I hope to see a Kovalev vs Stevenson matchup.

Comment

Syllakh will win. He will fight smart and win a decision. He has the tools and skills, not the chin. He knows this, he will be cautious and box to a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Syllakh will win. He will fight smart and win a decision. He has the tools and skills, not the chin. He knows this, he will be cautious and box to a decision.
            Man, you must be some of his dearest fans.
            Sergey got this and then some

Comment

Originally posted by Boskop View Post
              Man, you must be some of his dearest fans.
              Sergey got this and then some
              Not at all. No where near one of my favorites.

He is getting overlooked because he lost once by stoppage and he's facing a puncher. Boxing fans always go crazy for one fighter who's on a tear and forget the fighter with 1 loss. This fight will be all about is Sillakh a better boxer than Kovalev is a puncher, and I think he is. We'll see tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Not at all. No where near one of my favorites.

He is getting overlooked because he lost once by stoppage and he's facing a puncher. Boxing fans always go crazy for one fighter who's on a tear and forget the fighter with 1 loss. This fight will be all about is Sillakh a better boxer than Kovalev is a puncher, and I think he is. We'll see tomorrow.
                i agree man i think sillakh is being overlooked because of his last defeat it will be tough but he def is a live underdog. i think if he didnt lose that 1 fight they would not be fighting him cuz he is all wrong for kov i could be wrong but we will see

Comment

He has the skill and the pedigree. Too bad lost all my faith in his defense in the Grachev fight. If somebody crude like that can get through and crack you, Kovalev will do worse

Comment

Sillakh is getting overrated again already. Some fighters just have it made, get exposed but still get nuthuggers. He's a good boxer puncher with so-so defense and a weak beard. Kovalev is also a good boxer, something people keep overlooking, and when he got tested against Boone, he passed it. Sillakh didn't pass his test and he won't beat Kovalev either.

Comment

Working...
                    X