No announcement yet.

May-Cotto cracks top 10 gates

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LFC View Post
    If they ain't adjusted for inflation then these numbers for Floyd/Cotto are not spectacular and quite embarassing.
    I agree.

What's the inflation rate since the time that Manny fought Cotto and sold 8 million and change?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
      Thanks to Canelo. It seemed for people were there to see him that Floyd/Cotto.
      Yeah, and he added 500,000 ppv buys too. There was a good amount of Canelo fans but not nearly a significant number to add to the gate. Just because Mexicans are vocal, certainly they weren't a majority in the crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by LFC View Post
        If they ain't adjusted for inflation then these numbers for Floyd/Cotto are not spectacular and quite embarassing.
        Yeah, just looked around. They're definately using nominal dollars. Calling it a top 10 gate is stupid if not inflation adjusted.

Here's the full list
        http://boxing.nv.gov/New_Gates.htm

The top #35 gate is LARRY HOLMES vs. GERRY COONEY in 1982 with a $6,239,050.00 gate. In 2012 dollars, that's a $14,830,965 gate, which is more than Mayweather-Cotto.

Comment

Who said Cotto wasnt the 3rd largest draw??

Comment

Exactly..

Exactly. Floyd is so delusional. He's always claiming how he does record pay-per-view numbers but never once has he said me and....whoever the opponent was. Truth is, Hoya would have made that list regardless of who his opponent was. Furthermore, notice how the two times he's on there had little to do with him, and more about who he was fighting? Cotto is the 3rd biggest draw in boxing; Hoya was #er 1 then. He never wants to give other fighters credit for anything, I swear!

Comment

when the ppv numbers going to come out for this fight????

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                Thanks to Canelo. It seemed for people were there to see him that Floyd/Cotto.
                yea cause he has headlined several cards that did over a million right.i mean it has to be right?

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                  Yeah, just looked around. They're definately using nominal dollars. Calling it a top 10 gate is stupid if not inflation adjusted.

Here's the full list
                  http://boxing.nv.gov/New_Gates.htm

The top #35 gate is LARRY HOLMES vs. GERRY COONEY in 1982 with a $6,239,050.00 gate. In 2012 dollars, that's a $14,830,965 gate, which is more than Mayweather-Cotto.
                  Never have they took in the fact of inflation. A gate makes what it makes. That fight made 6 million dollars at the time and this made 12. Stop whining. Do you also consider Tyson fights the highest PPV grossed because his 2 million ppv sold would of raked more than DLH/Floyd with inflation? It's pointless and petty.

Comment

Originally posted by AP♠ View Post
                    Who said Cotto wasnt the 3rd largest draw??
                    who said he wasnt????i thought everyone knew that

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2013 View Post
                      who said he wasnt????i thought everyone knew that

Ask the Mexican troll, you know.

Comment

Working...
                      X