Collapse
No announcement yet.

So......Pacquiao vs. Rios??? No thanks.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pac won't figh Rios. Pac will not be able to weight drain Rios and making Rios come up will only help BumBum. Rios is still to bitter for the cherry picking. Pac should try again and beg Cotto to allow Pac to weight drain him so that Pac can be motivated again and bring back the old Manny self.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
      Floyd isn't a fighter than holds because he is capable of fighting in the pocket. If I look through his career I can only think of one fight that was some what of a clinchfest and that was initiated by Hatton.

That being said it wouldn't make for an interesting fight, it'd probably end up looking like Floyd v Baldomir or Floyd v Hatton.

Pacquiao v Rios is another fight that wouldn't be interesting unless you like to see people get hurt. It'd end up like Pacquiao v Rios only Rios wouldn't have the power to seriously trouble Pacquiao.
      Floyd did use certain tactics against opponents who wanted to fight him in close perimeter and who were succesful in getting in. Floyd did a lot of holding too in the Hatton fight and used other assets to to stop Hatton from taking over that fight. Floyd has been known to use his elbow. Example would be against Castillo but there are others as well.

The reason you are saying that Floyd doesn't fight that way (ie. hold, elbow) is because not many of Floyd's opponents managed to fight Floyd on the inside effectively. So no reason to do that with everyone.

Rios would be moving up again to WW so Rios would probably be smaller than Floyd. So in that sense, you are right that Rios would look like Hatton who never looked as good at 147 (1 fight only at WW).

Rios vs Manny would be exciting for as long as it lasted. Hey, Alvarado vs Rios was like that too (someone getting hurt) ..... the difference is that Rios would probably be the one going down.

The problem that I see is that Rios needs more time to move up and fight at 147 against a few respectable opponents before one can give Rios any kind of decent odds.

Comment

No thank you, not interested in this fight at all

Comment

No thanks?

I'll eat your portion. That's a meaningless but damn fun fight.

Comment

I understand why he'd make it.
            That exciting perfromance, Rios has a nice fanbase and Pacquiao needs PPV numbers.
            NOW!
            I don't agree with it at all, but there isn't shit we can do about it.
            Mayweather fight isn't happening, they won't rematch Tim and there isn't a lot of people out there that'd give them the numbers they want.
            Don't be surprised to see Rios fighting Pac next year

Comment

Why doesnt pac attempt unification?

Comment

It'd be like ODLH vs Gatti.

Fun if your a fan of the winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Konstantin View Post
                  It'd be like ODLH vs Gatti.

Fun if your a fan of the winner.
                  Yeah, fun but meaningless. It's so one sided.

Comment

How about Guerrero vs Pac?

Comment

Working...
                    X