No announcement yet.

manglah da stranglah

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
    Really boils down to what happens in the Donaire-Nishioka fight as far as how 122 will be set up in the future. I like the division.

What do you think of Broner vs Demarco?
    I got Nonito beatin Nish. You don't come off a sabbatical like that and go straight to a guy like Nonito. He ain't look so hot against Math, but he'll be up for this one. I just hope he stays at 122 instead of goin up.

And Broner is anotha overhyped guy. He looked ish against Ponce. I think he'll handle DeMarco tho. He'll probably be a lil stronger in that one since he goin up to the weight he apparently belonged at 2-3 fights ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by MANGLER View Post
      Rewatched Balboa vs Drago, never seen Drago so lost

Ok, I'm obviously missin sumthin. Thats 2 'so lost' threads I seen already. Yo Pea, you know what thats all about? How'd it get started?

And btw, Rocky 4 is 1 of my all time favorite 80s cheese movies. Drago was a pretty memorable villain for a guy wit only 1 movie appearance.
      It all started when Larry made this thread.....

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=567302

The other threads are a result, lol.

Comment

It all started when Larry made this thread.....

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=567302

The other threads are a result, lol.
        I see.

Did he get shitcanned for thinly veiled trollin wit that thread?

Comment

I see.

Did he get shitcanned for thinly veiled trollin wit that thread?
          Larry got banned? I really cant tell anymore. I know back in the day when somebody got banned, they would have 0 rep. He still has his.

I think Broner is very talented, but he is kinda of a weird cat. Talking to his hairbrush and shit. Demarco is a good gauge to see were he is at, though. I think it will be a tougher fight then some people think.

Comment

Larry got banned? I really cant tell anymore. I know back in the day when somebody got banned, they would have 0 rep. He still has his.

I think Broner is very talented, but he is kinda of a weird cat. Talking to his hairbrush and shit. Demarco is a good gauge to see were he is at, though. I think it will be a tougher fight then some people think.
            No karma tab at the bottom of his post, so I thought that meant he was banned. I dunno how anything works here no more.

Broner's problem ain't in the ring, it's 'his' persona. He settin himself up to fail tryin to be like May, and after that Ponce fight, I won't be surprised if he gets beat soon, just not by Demarco. I pick him to win cuz Demarco too easy to hit. I don't see him gettin enuf done to win rds against Broner. Linares was workin him til his face fell apart.

Comment

• Aight, no more drank. Fight chop ups.

Speakin of dudes I don't like, bitchass Devon got fight comin up wit Bailey for a belt at WW. He'll win, but man I want Bailey to ice him. He got anotha gift against Lucas. This was after he robbed Kotelnik and dropped a turd against Tim, punked out talkin bout his eye burnin. Wanted Lucas to KO his ass. Too bad it ain't happen.

Devon started jabbin n hookin in the 1st 2 rds, rallied wit the left at the end. But in between that, Lucas was drillin him wit straight rts to the body n head, doin more damage. Devon won the 3rd rd tho, landed his straight lefts n flurried a few times while Lucas stalked him 1 shot at a time. Lucas dropped him wit a rt hand early in the 4th, chased him down n trapped him on the ropes wit his rt hand. Devon just ran and flurried when he could. Devon came back in the 5th, went to the body, landed some short shots and held while Lucas was throwin single punches.

Lucas took over in the back half, beat his ass pretty good. Rts to the head and lefts to the body in 6 while Devon tried to stick n move. Devon took a beatin in the 7th and 8th. Lucas smacked him all over the ring wit everything. Rts to the head, lefts to the body, crosses over top, uppercuts, everything. Devon ain't have nothin for him. he lost his momentum in the 9th rd tho and went back to stalkin 1 shot at a time. Devon landed some big left hands and worked the jab n hook.

They duked it out in the last rd, and Lucas landed the harder shots, outworked him easily. Devon got the decision, and it pissed me off. Fuck this guy, can't stand him. Lucas got the shaft against worthless Zab in their fight too. Dude can't catch a break. He been on a roll since then tho, closin in on a title shot against Garcia if Garcia keeps the WBC strap. Lets hope Devon gets KTFO by Bailey or somebody else soon.

Comment

• HW is mad weak these days. I fux wit the K bros, but they need comp. Kinda miss Golota. Dude was a choke artist but always made for good fights. The Byrd scrap was pretty good. Golota looked finished after the Tyson fight, but he managed to become a contender again a few yrs later. Byrd was quality, but was comin off a wackass fight wit Oquendo he looked like he mighta lost. Byrd was defendin the IBF belt here. I thought Byrd would make him look silly, but it was a tight fight.

Byrd matched Golota's jab in the 1st rd, but Golota edged it wit a few lil shots. Byrd managed to get inside behind his jab in 2 and landed some body punches. Golota did his best work flurryin on the ropes. Byrd dug in some big lefts in an exchange at the end of the rd to take it. Golota used his jab to set up bodyshots in the next rd while Byrd threw quick lil counter combos. Golota got in anotha flurry on the ropes to close the rd. Golota kept landin the harder shots on the ropes in the 4th while Byrd countered wit his left hand.

They boxed thru the next 2 rds, and Golota still got in the harder punches on the ropes while Byrd just threw a few counters. Action slowed down in the 7th and neither guy did much, but Byrd scored better wit his left hands. Golota went back to the body in the 8th and outshined Byrd's flurries wit his power. Byrd cleaned up in 9-11 and outboxed Golota easily while Golota was missin punches and just throwin 1 at a time. They traded punches in the last rd, and Golota landed the harder shots.

Pretty good fight. They scored it a draw, which was fair. Surprisingly, Golota kept it clean the whole way. And Byrd never got into a rhythm til the ass end of the fight. I wish they woulda had a rematch. Golota went on to blow his next 2 title shots and fell off again. Byrd went on to anotha closeass fight wit McCline before he stunk it out wit Williamson, then got murked by Wlad again.

Comment

• Rewatched Pea's fight wit Vasquez, hadn't seen it in a minute. Had it a lil wider for Pea than I remember it bein. Pea had just finished up the rematch wit Buddy at WW, and took a bold jump up to JMW for the fight. Vasquez wasn't a big name but he was a solid fighter wit a belt who'd be stronger thn any of Pea's other opponents. I thought Pea would win 4sho, but never thought he'd have such a rough fight wit the guy. He boxed, but did more fightin than I expected and took some damage.

This was a boxin match most of the way, but it was never really lulled out at any point. Both guys landed their share of punches and kept it spirited throughout. JC got off to a pretty good start, which surprised me cuz I thought Pea would boss him all the way. They started behind their jabs, and JC went to body more while Pea countered wit the left and put on a late flurry. They traded 1-2s in the next rd, but JC was pressin the fight while Pea sat back to counter. Pea had to put a lil more power on his lefts in the next rd to hold him off. JC stayed on the body and launched a couple flurries late while Pea went to the jab. They traded lefts in the 4th, and Pea got clipped and hit the deck tryin to duck away.

Looked like Pea was in a lil trouble on points early on in the fight, but he took control of the fight after the KD. 5-7, Pea outboxed him, made him miss, and got the best of the jabbin contest. JC closed the gap a lil bit in the 8th and got Pea to trade wit him, but not quite enuf to win the rd. He lost a pt for rabbit punchin in the 9th, but that pissed him off enuf to spark a swarmin rally where did get to Pea to even out the rd. Pea outboxed him again in 10, and JC lost anotha pt for rabbit punchin in the 11th. He tried rushin Pea again, but this time Pea kept enuf distance to outbox him. JC knew he needed a big 12th rd and he tried run Pea down, but Pea kept movin and outboxed him again to close strong.

Pretty good fight, one of my favorite performances from Pea. He 1 of the boxers who could do his thing technically without boring me to death. He had the right kinda opponent here to be threatened a bit but still look good. He was kinda outta his depth at JMW tho so he dropped the strap and went back down. This win goes kinda overlooked on Pea's res but it's a good one.

Comment

• EM bout to get anotha shot at Garcia. He gonna lose again of course, and I really wish he'd just retire. He dropped a cheapass WBC strap to him in the last fight and I thought that'd be enuf for him to walk. Read a thread about the toughest guys some fighters faced, and EM had nothin to say about Espadas. I thought he straight up lost to him in their first fight. I ain't even know Guty at the time. He was just supposed to be there to give up his belt to EM, who just went up to 126 and beat KK in an eliminator.

They boxed in the 1st rd and Guty was the more accurate guy. They boxed to start the 2nd and 3rd, but ended up sluggin at the end. EM had the better punches early and Guty had the better punches late. EM did outbox and outwork Guty in the 4th. He landed the harder punches in the exchanges. He looked better takin the lead while Guty countered. He kept control in the 5th wit his rt hand while Guty just popped a few jabs and bodyshots. Guty took over the fight after that tho.

I was waitin for a brawl to break out in this but Guty wasn't havin it. He made EM fight his fight for the most part and got the best of it. After a rt hand exchange early in the 6th, Guty shut him down wit his bodyshots n jabs. He put EM on the ropes and had him backin up tryin to counter. Guty walked him down and beat the body in the 7th, and EM went to the uppercut to counter him. He had a lil flurry at the end but it wasn't enuf to take the rd. 8th was a boxin rd and EM was busier, But Guty came on wit his rt hand to match him. He stalked EM behind the rt hand in the 9th, and when EM rallied he rallied right back and trapped him in the corner.

EM needed to close strong to win, and he did get the best of the 10th wit his rt hand. But Guty flipped it on him in the champonship rds. He crowded EM and pounded him to the body in the 11th and landed some hard rts to the head. He had a good flurry on the ropes too, and EM's lil rally at the end wasn't enuf. Guty chased EM around the ring attackin wit his rt hand and had him hurt at the end. EM got the UD, and I thought it was shady. Guty took EM outta his game in this fight. EM had boxin skills, but Guty just looked like he had him timed. He was the better boxer and took EM's hard shots well when he had to. EM ran off a string of bigger fights after this while Guty fell to the fringes. He got a rematch later on at 130, but EM whacked him in that one.

Comment

I got Nonito beatin Nish. You don't come off a sabbatical like that and go straight to a guy like Nonito. He ain't look so hot against Math, but he'll be up for this one. I just hope he stays at 122 instead of goin up.

And Broner is anotha overhyped guy. He looked ish against Ponce. I think he'll handle DeMarco tho. He'll probably be a lil stronger in that one since he goin up to the weight he apparently belonged at 2-3 fights ago.
                      Good call, mang.

Comment

Working...
                      X