Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Over 13,000 Tickets Reportedly Sold For Chavez Jr.-Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Over 13,000 Tickets Reportedly Sold For Chavez Jr.-Martinez

It’s been less than a week since tickets went on sale and the September 15 middleweight title fight between alphabet beltholder Julio Cesar Chavez Jr and lineal champion Sergio Martinez is already well on its way to becoming a sold-out event.

The bout headlines an HBO PPV-televised card which takes place at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas.

A four-city press tour was held to promote the event, with the last stop coming Tuesday afternoon in Mexico City. The session took place in the TV Azteca studios, where Zanfer Box – Chavez Jr’s co-promoter - insisted that tickets are moving along at an exceptional rate. More than 70% of the 18,000 seats already filled, with event handlers truly optimistic of a sold-out venue well before fight night. [Click Here To Read More]

more than cotto-may inc...you heard it here first

Comment

Good to hear, I got mine the day they went on sale. But unless TR puts on a good under card I may switch to the other event....Only because as a entire event GBP looks to be better. Word is they putting abner mares for the 4th fight.

Of course I like chavez jr vs martinez as the best fight that night. I want a exciting WHOLE event

Comment

If I was there I'd buy one

Comment

people can say whatever they want about jr's skills,level of opponents etc.,and i agree that he hasn't faced very good ones or that his skills arent all that,but one thing he will become is a major ppv star if he wins this fight,he already draws well and has high ratings on hbo,if he wins this fight i really think he'll be the next star,like i said not talking about skills here,just him being a draw,he brings a lot of money and i think if he gets the win and maybe another good win after this he'll start getting good ppv numbers against anybody

Comment

chavez jr a bigger draw then manny,cotto,floyd?Intersting.

Comment

Man nobody care about Chavez !!..........what the people want to see??? is Sergio kicking Chavez ass hahaha

Comment

Sergio is the biggest star in this one ...come on ...Chavez is nobody ..i want to see this fight cause Sergio **** chavez

Comment

top rank even. Dont be naive believe the numbers

Comment

Originally posted by The Future View Post
                    Good to hear, I got mine the day they went on sale. But unless TR puts on a good under card I may switch to the other event....Only because as a entire event GBP looks to be better. Word is they putting abner mares for the 4th fight.

Of course I like chavez jr vs martinez as the best fight that night. I want a exciting WHOLE event
                    I'm not too happy with what I'm hearing about the Top Rank undercard Rigondeaux vs Marroquin and Macklin vs Alcine.

GBP's entire card will be mismatches but they will be fun to watch if you like one sided beat downs, which I do sometimes.

personally I think Arum needs to put Tyson Marquez vs Brian Viloria on the card, that's a great fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X