Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donaire/Narvaez and other weekend fights discussion/RBR/post fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Narvaez earned my props. And he showed me how overrated Donaire is.

Comment

• Originally posted by t2xspgs View Post
      Narvaez earned my props. And he showed me how overrated Donaire is.
      donaire is a highly skilled fighter. he just isnt that smart. thats what last nite proved to me. say wat u want but he never, ever figured out how to take that little guy out.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2501 View Post
        Its a fighter's job to to enter the ring to win. If he does anything but that, he gets no props.
        That's really there is to it, no ifs ands or buts...
        You can make it an ugly win ala Hopkins, but try to win nonetheless.
        Noone is paying you cover up and/or run all 12 rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by edgarg View Post
          There's nothing qrong with "covering on feints". In fact it's required. Do you know anything about boxing?? A proper feint is an indication that a boxer is going to throw. That he doesn't, and sees tat you react is why it's called a feint. Naervez was doind what any good boxer would do, not trusting that it was only a feint and not an incoming punch. He had the fight under control as far as I could see, with Donaire punchin air or gloves with about 90% of his punches.

Donaire was also pretty well marked up, whilst Naervez was unmarked. How do you explain THAT????
          I know what a feint is, and I know you don't just cover up, especially if you can see the feints.
          Why not strike before Donaire can get off? Oh that's right, he came to survive and not to win.
          Narvaez covers up so much, Donaire stuck his head out ala RJJ to entice this guy and all he did is cover still. Pathetic.

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
            donaire is a highly skilled fighter. he just isnt that smart. thats what last nite proved to me. say wat u want but he never, ever figured out how to take that little guy out.

This right here. This is the most Donaire is at fault at.
            His corner did very little to change the game plan, all I can hear Garcia say is not to get cocky and will take the win if Narvaez don't want to fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
              even Pac would look bad against Narvaez
              Nope, it's too different. Just like the Clottey fight, Pacquiao fought Clottey's fight and beat him at it by out-landing. Donaire fought Navarez fight and got tagged all day. I was lmao at the replays, "look at donaire just landed a clean hook" , and you see those shots being blocked and him getting countered.
              Navarez was simply going against too many odds, fighting a guy who's huge for 118 pounder, faster, and more powerful. What did you expect? a toe to toe battle? wanted Navarez to bang with nonito? please... Donaire should forget about these little guys and move up to 126-22lbs he's been struggling making weight since the beginning, this is just a waste of his time and the fans money.

Comment

• Originally posted by CasualBoxingFan View Post
                Nope, it's too different. Just like the Clottey fight, Pacquiao fought Clottey's fight and beat him at it by out-landing. Donaire fought Navarez fight and got tagged all day. I was lmao at the replays, "look at donaire just landed a clean hook" , and you see those shots being blocked and him getting countered.
                Navarez was simply going against too many odds, fighting a guy who's huge for 118 pounder, faster, and more powerful. What did you expect? a toe to toe battle? wanted Navarez to bang with nonito? please... Donaire should forget about these little guys and move up to 126-22lbs he's been struggling making weight since the beginning, this is just a waste of his time and the fans money.
                Seriously, "boxing" to some of the more Pacquiao-partial posters on this site means running into the middle of the ring and swinging wildly until someone goes down...anyone who doesn't do that is a "coward runner"...I love me some Donaire, but part of the blueprint to beat him was revealed on Saturday night...

Comment

• Donaire should have roughed him up on the inside and bully him into the ropes ffs Narvaez looked like a dwarf in the ring with him. Donaire should learn some inside fighting, he needs ask his buddy Andre Ward to school him.

Comment

• Originally posted by goblin213 View Post
                    Donaire should have roughed him up on the inside and bully him into the ropes ffs Narvaez looked like a dwarf in the ring with him. Donaire should learn some inside fighting, he needs ask his buddy Andre Ward to school him.
                    Brother, I found the best advice in your post. You should repeat this as mantra for Donaire. He should learn inside fighting and rough housing at the ropes to make a very defensive boxer to open up. He lacked inside fighting.

He should learn from Brandon Rios what is inside fighting is all about.

Comment

• Originally posted by AmeriFil View Post
                      Brother, I found the best advice in your post. You should repeat this as mantra for Donaire. He should learn inside fighting and rough housing at the ropes to make a very defensive boxer to open up. He lacked inside fighting.

He should learn from Brandon Rios what is inside fighting is all about.
                      I agree with Goblin's sentiments as well.

My opinion has done a 180. Nonito is simply to blame for last night's borefest. And here are my reasons...

a) Nonito chose to go back to 118 after a long layoff where he blew up to 145lbs. Hence the severe weight cut and suffering from cramps during the fight.

- He should've just vacated his 118 belt(since that's what he's gonna do anyway) and returned to 122 or 126 and fought another undersized fighter w/ a nice looking record

b) It was quite obvious that he could manhandle Narvaez, but, he decided to play it f**kin' safe against a guy who wasn't a f**kin' threat, WTF kinda strategy was that. ****, Montiel and Darchinnyan were bigger KO threats to him.

Comment

Working...
                      X