No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dirrrell To Return on 1/19: Talks Haymon, Eyes Froch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Dirrrell To Return on 1/19: Talks Haymon, Eyes Froch

Andre Dirrell, who has been on the mend for almost a year, plans to return on Jan. 19, he tells BoxingScene.com.

"We set up a date for Jan. 19," said Dirrell, 29. "It was originally Dec. 15 but it got pushed back for some unknown reason. I'm dealing with it, it's giving me more time to perfect my craft. I'm sure it will be televised, but I'm not sure where yet."

[Click Here To Read More]

No, you don't want him as soon as possible, Andre.

Comment

I don't wanna see that **** fight again. There's better fights for froch. Why ain't Dirrell calling out the guy he ducked in ward? It's hard to be a fan of this guy.

Comment

The only guy I wanna see Dirrel fight is doctor shaw high!!

Comment

Dirrell needs to earn another fight with Froch.

Comment

Who's Dirrell? The guy that was sparring with Groves agggesssss ago?

Dude needs to fight some contenders and earn that title shot. Fight Steiglitz or Rubio or something and start building some momentum again.

Wasn't his brother in line for a shot at Wards title? What happened with that?

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
              Who's Dirrell? The guy that was sparring with Groves agggesssss ago?

Dude needs to fight some contenders and earn that title shot. Fight Steiglitz or Rubio or something and start building some momentum again.

Wasn't his brother in line for a shot at Wards title? What happened with that?
              Bike accident......

Comment

I thought Dirrell did beat Froch in 2009. But since then Dirrell hasn't done ****, where as Froch has continued to build his legacy.

I'm not sure Dirrell is the same fighter. He might even get stopped this time around.

Comment

Dirrell hasn't done nothing to deserve a shot at Froch. I would like to see this fight happen though.

Comment

Dirrell should fight someone like Bika in January. If he beats a Top 10 opponent like that, he has several options after that.

Comment

Working...
                    X