No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia Targets a Major Championship Belt in 2012

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia Targets a Major Championship Belt in 2012

Miguel Angel ‘Mikey’ Garcia is not letting up in his pursuit of a world title after a successful 2011 in which he scored three impressive victories and a healthy rise up the world featherweight rankings.

[Click Here To Read More]

Arum get this man a title shot already

Comment

this kid can fight man! not to much flash but big time skills. i think he can have a career just as good as rios and margareto and i respect both guys but i have a feeling mikey is going to be a special fighter

Comment

On any given night, I think he can beat all four champions. John: he's a champion by robbery (against Marquez) who went life and death against Juarez; Salido: he's tough but limited, Gonzalez: solid skills but no chin; Dibb: I haven't seen much of him so I can't comment; Gamboa: he's a great talent but has a suspect chin as well.

Comment

Gamboa vs garcia just do it!

Comment

I smell a 2012 Fighter of The Year coming up

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Alberto View Post
              On any given night, I think he can beat all four champions. John: he's a champion by robbery (against Marquez) who went life and death against Juarez; Salido: he's tough but limited, Gonzalez: solid skills but no chin; Dibb: I haven't seen much of him so I can't comment; Gamboa: he's a great talent but has a suspect chin as well.
              Garcia is good, but Gamboa and Salido will be tough for him IMO. John is irrelevant because he wouldn't ever step in the ring with Gamboa, Garcia, Salido, or Lopez. I think Garcia should fight the winner of Salido Lopez II. If he wins that fight then Gamboa.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
                Garcia is good, but Gamboa and Salido will be tough for him IMO. John is irrelevant because he wouldn't ever step in the ring with Gamboa, Garcia, Salido, or Lopez. I think Garcia should fight the winner of Salido Lopez II. If he wins that fight then Gamboa.
                Agree, except that Salido might not be so tough for Mikey just based on that last fight. I haven't seen the fight, but wonder if years of walking through punches finally caught up with him.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                  Agree, except that Salido might not be so tough for Mikey just based on that last fight. I haven't seen the fight, but wonder if years of walking through punches finally caught up with him.
                  You should watch the fight, it was pretty entertaining. Salido got reckless and was caught with a good left hook that really hurt him but he weather the storm and came back strong. IMO Salido stops Lopez again. Garcia has never been in the ring with someone like Salido. Im not saying he can't win but it will be tough for him. Salido has fought Marquez, Guerrero, Gamboa, and Lopez and he technically only has 1 win out of all of those fights, but to his credit none of those fights were easy for any of those fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
                    You should watch the fight, it was pretty entertaining. Salido got reckless and was caught with a good left hook that really hurt him but he weather the storm and came back strong. IMO Salido stops Lopez again. Garcia has never been in the ring with someone like Salido. Im not saying he can't win but it will be tough for him. Salido has fought Marquez, Guerrero, Gamboa, and Lopez and he technically only has 1 win out of all of those fights, but to his credit none of those fights were easy for any of those fighters.
                    No doubt, but one thing that made him so tough was his great chin, I wonder if still has it, still looked good against Juanma. I'll check out the last fight, thanks for the rec.

Comment

Working...
                    X