No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Golovkin Talks Martinez-Cotto, Adama, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Video: Golovkin Talks Martinez-Cotto, Adama, More

Luis Sandoval catches up with WBA/IBO middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin to discuss his upcoming defense of the title in Monte Carlo against Osumani Adama on February 1, the training camp for the fight, some potential plans for 2014, facing the big names at the weight, the numerous champions at the weight and more. [Click Here To Read More]

Man, I love me some GGG but giving interviews is certainly not his strong suit

Comment

Come on now. This is unwatchable. "How is your camp?" "Are you anxious to fight big names?" Seriously? There's nothing more interesting to ask?

You can see Golovkin frown as he hears the questions.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
        Man, I love me some GGG but giving interviews is certainly not his strong suit
        OK, just, I know, just...great fight for us..just ..for box..just.

Like you, big GGG fan, but I only watch a few seconds of his interviews to see whether his English has improved at all. Other than that it's just painful to watch and he always says exactly the same things anyway.

Comment

Golovkin seems a little tired of these interviews, or maybe tired from some hard training. Also sounds a bit tired of Martinez, but he won't say a bad thing about him.

Comment

It's funny how GGG refers to his next opponent as "she", i mean common, give this guy an interpreter

Comment

lol he sounds like Pacquiao in this interview. He looks exhausted or lit

Comment

interviewer should rephrase the question if ggg does not understand it. i agree boxing interviewer should quit asking the same stale questions b/c the fighters always give the same stale answer: "camp is going good". Why not ask new questions so the fans can learn something about the fighter, and if they do not answer the question, rephrase it.

Comment

I like Golovkin's interviews - he always has something interesting to say, even in his quirky broken English - but at the same I feel for him when it comes to the language barrier. I know what it's like to be able to speak another language, but either you don't quite grasp what is being said, or you know exactly what you want to say but can't articulate yourself well enough.

It's frustrating as hell, and I can see from his expression at times that his brain is working hard to come up with responses. However, just like Cotto, Marquez and even Adamek, he'll get a lot better the more he does these interviews. At least he's making a genuine effort to engage with his English-speaking audience, unlike "superstar" Saul Alvarez who seems to not give a shit...

Comment

2:57 lol... He just grins like a boss. Golovkin is a badass.

I love 3:33... His whole demeanor changes. You can tell he is like "**** that coward" on the inside.

The best middleweight in boxing history and will surely go down as one of the all time greats if not the GREATEST fighter of all time. We just need to destroy the "names" at this point, his legacy is almost cemented now.

Comment

Working...
                    X