No announcement yet.

Williams carpeted by BBBC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Williams carpeted by BBBC

Danny Williams has been fined £2,000 and banned from contesting the British heavyweight title for six months following his late withdrawal from a fight with Matt Skelton.
    Williams, 32, pulled out of his scheduled July fight against Skelton, with the British Boxing Board of Control accepting the explanation he was suffering from flu.

However, they fined Williams for "unprofessional conduct" due to the timing of his withdrawal and because he had not contacted officials.

A statement from the British Boxing Board of Control read: "Having listened to the evidence presented by Mr Williams, who appeared unrepresented, the stewards were satisfied that he had been genuinely ill at that time and unable to go through with the contest.

"However, it was determined that he had failed to notify his illness to any medical officer, any official of the board nor anyone connected with the promotion, and withdrew at an unreasonably late time, thereby putting the promotion, for which his contest was to have been the main event, in jeopardy."

Chesterfield boxer Mark Krence replaced for Williams on the morning of the fight at the Bolton Arena, with Skelton winning in seven rounds.

Williams, who has 14 days to appeal, was hoping to rearrange a fight with Skelton later this year.

-------------------------------

I have to say, "****ing right!"

Danny Williams agreed to fight Matt Skelton and pulled out with 12hrs notice. He said he had "a cold" or something or other... It was bull****!

When people are paying £35.00 for the cheapest tickets in the house, only to find out the main event is cancelled the day they turn up, it's not on!

Those people don't get a refund!!!
    Last edited by Martin (Top Knowledge); 09-28-2005, 10:26 AM.

I am glad this has happend, I think he should just retire or go to america and beg Audley for a fight as Frank Warren will not bother with him

Comment

not true from what ive heard FW was trying to get he skelton match back on. Matt has been struggling for opponents hence his inactivity. With a 6 month ban i guess this wont be happening at least not for the British title.

I was surprised as well Rudy didnt think FW would touch him again.

Comment

i think williams would get a late ko on skelton , if williams boxed skelton would eventually get frustrated then williams would stop him late on

Comment

dec 3rd apparently in London so lets all get together those who can for a pre xmas night out.

barry you have a reservation at hotel "j" if you want it mate.

williams skelton 3rd dec heard it here first.

www.britishboxing.net/?page=news&id=943

Comment

Originally posted by J !
            dec 3rd apparently in London so lets all get together those who can for a pre xmas night out.

Cool -

I hope the venue is York Hall, Bethenal Green.

Comment

Originally posted by J !

Too right man sounds good, I was looking forward to this fight before so hopefully all will go to plan this time and yes fingers crossed it's the York Hall cos that would be some atmosphere

Comment

reckon it might be the excel though.

ill keep you posted if i hear any more details lads.

get organised and have a bit of a shin dig hey!

Comment

Yeah if the fight comes off and there's a few of us there we should make this thread a sticky and we'll post a few pics up or something cos i'm sure it would be a wild night out

Comment

your not wrong ill get a few of the lads down from the bbn as well, James Mcdonnell and Ian Mcneily are always good for a larf on a night out and top lads.

Got fotos of them on my pads and sparring at 5 am wankered.

was hilarious, god knows what the neighbours thought.

Comment

Working...
                    X