No announcement yet.

Jose Luis Castillo May Possibly Retire From Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose Luis Castillo May Possibly Retire From Boxing

It's being reported that former lightweight champion Jose Luis Castillo (57-9-1, 49KOs) may retire from the sport of boxing. Castillo, 35, last saw ring action in January, knocking out James Wayka in two rounds in Mexicali. Since that fight, Castillo has been involved in several ventures that are working for him, and has not stepped inside a boxing gym to train. Castillo has received several offers and has so far rejected all of them. [details]

Good for him. He should hang them up.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      It's being reported that former lightweight champion Jose Luis Castillo (57-9-1, 49KOs) may retire from the sport of boxing. Castillo, 35, last saw ring action in January, knocking out James Wayka in two rounds in Mexicali. Since that fight, Castillo has been involved in several ventures that are working for him, and has not stepped inside a boxing gym to train. Castillo has received several offers and has so far rejected all of them. [details]
      Travel well brave warrior.
      Anyone find it kinda creepy this comes out on the 2nd year anniversary of Chico's death?
      I swear these two will be joined at the hip of history forever.

Comment

i hope he does retire ... props to him

Comment

He had a great career, he did much better then I expected. I thought he lost both fights against Stevie Johnston and gave Floyd much more trouble then anyone thought going in. His fight against Corrales is a legendary fight that will live on forever, hopefully he does retire.

Comment

"If I return..."? No more "ifs". Hang em up and call it a career.

Comment

I thought he already did.

Comment

What else can he do now? He's had a stellar career and is respected by many boxing fans around the world. Hang them up.

Comment

He needs to retire, he's had a great career.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                    Fair play to him, hes had an excellent career, he should hang them up and enjoy his retirement.

Comment

Working...
                    X