No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux's Manager: Good Progress Made With HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux's Manager: Good Progress Made With HBO

Guillermo Rigondeaux has sat and waited for his next fight.

According to Top Rank chairman Bob Arum, HBO "threw up" every time the two-time Olympic gold medalist was mentioned for possible bouts on the network.

But HBO's feelings might be changing.

Rigondeaux' manager, Gary Hyde, tells BoxingScene that significant headway has been made toward securing a fall date for the undefeated Cuban.

"Bob Arum said he has made good progress with HBO," Hyde said, "and he is confident he will have a date soon."

Hyde said the date and opponent for Rigondeaux's proposed return is unknown at this juncture.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck
    Quote:

Originally Posted by .:: JSFD26 ::.

Lets do a 1T point bet that Rigo fights on HBO or HBO PPV again this year. If he doesn't, you get the 1T. Easy points right?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

My 1 trillion to your 1 trillion that Rigo doesn't fight on HBO this year, confirmed.

Comment

i told yall rigo was coming back strong!!! real champs always find a way no matter what

Comment

I feel bad for whoever his next opponent is. Rigo's got a point to make and we all kno hes capable of it.

Comment

they need to put him on stage again , he deserves all d props

Comment

If Top Rank does get this kid a fight by November he'll walk away. Hyde put the pressure on in his last boxingscene interview.

Comment

The Rigolution must be televised

Comment

This whole HBO doesn't want him thing was just a mind game to get Rigo to change his style. Everybody was fighting to sign or re-sign this guy last summer and not he sucks for TV? GTF outta here!

Comment

I just hope Rigo sticks to his style, which i find entertaining....don't want him fighting reckless because HBO are pressuring him to get more TV ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post

He might want to hurry up, only openings are in October and November, if he doesn't have an opponent by September, he's not fighting this year.

Comment

Working...
                    X