• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    which lightweight will get the call up?
    I think it will be someone decent this time, sounds like Lopez

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
      In fairness to Khan he needs easy fights while Hunter attempts to transform him. He needs huge changes in his technique and how he acts in the ring and that is a very big ask as his habits are very strongly ingrained. If he is put under pressure he will fall straight into his old strongest habits and that is exactly what will happen when he fights anyone good. It is one thing being taught improvements and another getting them down to automatic.
      Showtime are not going to cough up for too many fights that suck so I don't know how many more Molina type soft touches he can take on before he has to step up.
      He will learn nothing from easy fights, he's 26, better to throw him in the deep end, when he is pushed, thats when he can find out where he is going wrong, yeah he might lose, but thats the price u pay.

His last fight was just a confidence builder, nothing more, fighting a light weight again will just give him a false sense of hope, when you step up in competition, there is a sense of fear and respect, which is what someone like Khan thrives on. The fact is he didnt respect Garcia, he was looking way past him, and he got KO.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
        He will learn nothing from easy fights, he's 26, better to throw him in the deep end, when he is pushed, thats when he can find out where he is going wrong, yeah he might lose, but thats the price u pay.

His last fight was just a confidence builder, nothing more, fighting a light weight again will just give him a false sense of hope, when you step up in competition, there is a sense of fear and respect, which is what someone like Khan thrives on. The fact is he didnt respect Garcia, he was looking way past him, and he got KO.
        He already knows he is lacking. That is why he has gone to Hunter and left Roach. The Peterson fight clearly demonstrated he has no inside fighting technique and the Garcia fight showed his defense is garbage. It is not about him learning about his shortcomings but what he does about it. All that will happen if he is pushed in the deep end is that he will come up short and find out what he already knows,that he has huge flaws.
        It is one thing accepting that you have glaring faults and another fixing them. Just saying I need better defense,and better ring IQ and inside fighting skills is just the start of the process. The real work is going through the time consuming work ripping out the rot and replacing it with new trained improvements. That takes a lot of time when your nasty habits are ingrained and it takes a very long time for new things to get in and be automatic. If he is pushed into the deep end he is doomed to fail. In his case he really needs 3 or 4 easy fights while he rebuilds.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
          Showtime is gonna get dicked like they did with Bute. They paid him a bunch of money hoping to get paid off on a Ward fight and got played. Refusing to televise the Froch fight after all the garbage they put on was ridiculous.

Khan will find excuses and push through 3 bums then jump to HBO or go home to SKY PPV if Showtime doesn't bend over again.
          I think you may be proven right. Right now it is not sensible for him to have meaningful fights. He is very lucky that he has the fan base that will pay up for garbage non event fights.

Comment

GBP will put Lopez in there with Khan. Then will try to stage the rematch with Garcia later in the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
              Showtime is gonna get dicked like they did with Bute. They paid him a bunch of money hoping to get paid off on a Ward fight and got played. Refusing to televise the Froch fight after all the garbage they put on was ridiculous.

Khan will find excuses and push through 3 bums then jump to HBO or go home to SKY PPV if Showtime doesn't bend over again.
              Khan is not that kind of fighter, and you know it. I am sure the next fight will be against a credible opponent. Personally I would like to see him against Lopez who has a chance to knock him out, and has decent boxing craft and height.

Comment

Lopez is all wrong for khan, that is a VERY dangerous fight for khan. I love lopez' chances in that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
                  He already knows he is lacking. That is why he has gone to Hunter and left Roach. The Peterson fight clearly demonstrated he has no inside fighting technique and the Garcia fight showed his defense is garbage. It is not about him learning about his shortcomings but what he does about it. All that will happen if he is pushed in the deep end is that he will come up short and find out what he already knows,that he has huge flaws.
                  It is one thing accepting that you have glaring faults and another fixing them. Just saying I need better defense,and better ring IQ and inside fighting skills is just the start of the process. The real work is going through the time consuming work ripping out the rot and replacing it with new trained improvements. That takes a lot of time when your nasty habits are ingrained and it takes a very long time for new things to get in and be automatic. If he is pushed into the deep end he is doomed to fail. In his case he really needs 3 or 4 easy fights while he rebuilds.
                  Exactly, and well put.

It is easier to learn a completely new technique than correct wrong habits, and it takes a even longer time to automatize new movements.

If Khan really wants to be a better/more all rounded boxer he needs to fight a lot next year. I'd pick another easy opponent at the very least, then start to gradually step up in competition.

Doing the right thing wrong can be as dangerous as doing the wrong thing, imo.
                  A small example.
                  In the first few rounds of his latest bout, after throwing his combinations Khan was so focused on avoiding a left hook counter that he almost forgot his opponent's right hand.

Comment

Clearly you must have missed the run of solid opponents Khan has had dating back to 2009. Name me any other LW with the same of run of top 10 opponents. You can't. And how many times does this have to be said: Molina has only fought 4 times at 135 or below - Amir has fought there many more times! You're just trolling now.

Comment

is anyone else sick of hearing how well khan did against molina. he looked ok but he was fighting a novice lightweight with not much power basically a spar for him. not saying that's not what he needed to here in England all we've heard from sports pundits is khan is back to his best. he needs a lot longer with hunter to see if the change makes a difference. i think Garcia ko wins again. khan isn't a smart fighter imo. when he got dropped by Garcia and was in trouble of being ko'd you dont need a trainer to tell you to hold on use your legs and recover he did the exact opposite of what he should have. khan has great speed and offensive skills but he lacks in other departments to be an elite fighter

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X