Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Vitali Klitschko make a racist statement about Haye?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vitali is a coward, but he has too much class to be a racist

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
      There are a lot of dumb ****s like you who think this way too, lmao.
      lmao...nice one!

Comment

Talking about the Incident between Haye and Chisora I am sure and yeah they did act like ANIMALS during that Brawl

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
          Thank you but I'm well aware of america's racial history, my question was "why do people KEEP calling biracial people black". And by people I mean members of this forum. You have a brain, you use it to surf the web and log into this forum, that means you can use it to realize it's stupid to assign one race to a biracial person.
          You asked "why do people KEEP calling biracial people black?" I answered your question. I didn't say it was right or justified.

There is still that label attached to mixed raced people, the media and general public refer to Obama as the first black president. I'm mixed raced (half Indonesian, half British) and people still refer to me as Asian when I'm probably more ingrained in British culture than Asian and spent the majority of my adult life here.

So how about you look at my answer and use your brain to figure out it was an answer to a question not a means of justification.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
            I dont think Vitali should have to weigh up absolutely everything before he speaks just in case some people interpret what he says as racist.

I understand what u are saying, but imo he clearly didnt mean it as racist, and it takes a large leap of logic to connect what he said to anything racist.

If Haye was not spending the next 2 weeks in the jungle, then it would be racist. If Haye didnt have a history of acting like a chimp, then it could be racist. But he is, and he did.
            Yeah I don't think it was racist but it's at the forefront of peoples minds at the moment (especially within the UK) and it was just an unfortunate choice of words at the wrong time.

If he's said the same thing 2-3 years ago i doubt anyone would make the connection but because it's constantly in the media over here especially within sports at the moment it's not far fetched to make the connection right now.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
              Talking about the Incident between Haye and Chisora I am sure and yeah they did act like ANIMALS during that Brawl
              Did Vitali mention animals? Are you putting words into his mouth?

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                Referring to a boxing scene article recently posted, Vitali comments on Haye's appearance on a reality show based in the jungle called I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here:

“I know that Haye is currently in the jungle, because he's participating in a reality show. This is a proper place for him, he should also train over there”.

Just making a poll on this to gauge the general consensus as quite a few people have commented in the original thread that they found the statement to be racist.
                From a Haye fan - No it wasn't racist. Haye does indeed belong in a jungle, just look at his behavior outside the ring - the shirts, the brawling, that's very uncivil and Vitali has never ever commented anything like that about anyone who's a professional. So no, it's not racist, it's very spot on actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                  Did Vitali mention animals? Are you putting words into his mouth?
                  threads like these expose peoples true colors

Comment

Surely the REALITY SHOW part of the comment was what Vitali was referring to?

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                      Surely the REALITY SHOW part of the comment was what Vitali was referring to?
                      The "he should also train over there" comment makes it sound like he is talking about the jungle and not the show.

Comment

Working...
                      X