No announcement yet.

broner wil need an archenemy to b great...who can it be

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Mayweather has Pacquiao"

lmao.. in the same sentence as Leonard - Hearns and Ali - Frazier when Mayweather ducked Pac like the plague.

Comment

Originally posted by 1sballotHOF View Post
      If he clears out the 140 lb. division, that alone would cement his legacy. Their are some killers in there, plus Amir Khan.

not to mention he could possibly lure in guys like Bradley to come back down.

So we're talking about,

Khan
      Bradley
      Garcia
      Peterson
      Matthysse
      Rios
      Alvarado
      Throw in Judah for the lulz.

I would take Alvarado, Judah and Peterson off. I just don't see those being not even somewhat competitive.

But overall I agree with your post.

These are all good fights we could get from Broner in the near future. He's active and wants to fight which is what I like about him.

Comment

If he clears out the 140 lb. division, that alone would cement his legacy. Their are some killers in there, plus Amir Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
          I would take Alvarado, Judah and Peterson off. I just don't see those being not even somewhat competitive.

But overall I agree with your post.

These are all good fights we could get from Broner in the near future. He's active and wants to fight which is what I like about him.
          Peterson though? He's a good fighter. Is it the roids?

Comment

Peterson though? He's a good fighter. Is it the roids?
            I agree Peterson is a good fighter. He matches up with other guys pretty good.

Stylistically, I just don't see him being much of a problem for Broner.

Broner is a better figher on the outside and inside. If Peterson had more power and was a better boxer, I would give him a better shot.

But it would be a one sided beatdown if they ever fought. Peterson would try to make it a dog fight on the inside, which would be kind of exciting while it lasts, but that's the same reason why I think it would be a short night for Peterson.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
              I agree Peterson is a good fighter. He matches up with other guys pretty good.

Stylistically, I just don't see him being much of a problem for Broner.

Broner is a better figher on the outside and inside. If Peterson had more power and was a better boxer, I would give him a better shot.

But it would be a one sided beatdown if they ever fought. Peterson would try to make it a dog fight on the inside, which would be kind of exciting while it lasts, but that's the same reason why I think it would be a short night for Peterson.
              Yeah, your right. Peterson's lack of KO power, would really hinder him in this fight.

Comment

The main man Danny Garcia would be a good rival. Gamboa if he can get focused and start fighting again. Khan if he actually makes the kind of improvements under Virgil he thinks he can, though I'm skeptical.

Comment

Nice if he'll have a rival but won't duck it...

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingAddict773 View Post
                    a goat candidate always needs that rival that many feel is just as great as him and will have to beat to show WHO is number 1. Leonard had hearns. Mayweather has pacquiao. Ali had frazier..etc etc....WHO will be broners ultimate test of greatness.

I say ríos
                    Mayweather doesnt have Pacquiao because he wont fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrain View Post
                      The main man Danny Garcia would be a good rival. Gamboa if he can get focused and start fighting again. Khan if he actually makes the kind of improvements under Virgil he thinks he can, though I'm skeptical.
                      If anyone could get the neutrals on Broner's side it's Khan.

Comment

Working...
                      X