at this point in floyds career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
    Weight and wins don't matter in boxing.

which is why Guerrero is a more dangerous fight than Margarito would've been in 2008.

Miguel Vazquez and Uchiyama are more dangerous fights than Cotto would've been in 2008 aswell.
    So are you saying margarito would have been more dangerous just because of his size?

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenAssassin View Post
      It's going to be rough for Floyd. Floyd would have had an easy time with Marg because he still had good footwork, now it seems he doesn't even have any not to mention Guerrero's a southpaw
      Footwork would not be enough. Punch output needs to very high to keep Margs away. Floyds hands would have shattered. I know Floyd has some pop, but not that much.

Comment

Margarito to me wasn't overly dangerous to Floyd at that point, Guerrero against Floyd at that point wouldn't be a threat either but Floyd is getting up there so there is always the chance he will fall off.

Plus while both guys are easy to hit they are tough enough to handle that, Guerrero is the more varied offensive boxer, I also think Guerrero is the better dirty fighter (setting aside the wraps controversy as that is a different sort of dirty), both have really good stamina and work rates.

Even if I accept Margarito is a bit more challenging a fight (which I really don't) when you look at where Floyd I think he is much more there to be had.

Comment

Working...
        X