No announcement yet.

Fight Purses for May 5th.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Uns View Post
    Manny actually said 50/50 on the PPV and Floyd can have a bigger purse.
    That makes no sense though. The purse doesn't just magically appear it comes for what the fight revenue. Pac wasn't half of the split of the revenue. Which in turn equates to having the same purse.

Comment

Originally posted by Uns View Post
      Manny actually said 50/50 on the PPV and Floyd can have a bigger purse.
      50% on the revenue , go check .

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
        That makes no sense though. The purse doesn't just magically appear it comes for what the fight revenue. Pac wasn't half of the split of the revenue. Which in turn equates to having the same purse.
        Of course it makes sense. The revenue is money generated with the gate, and other revenue from the world as well. The PPV side in the US will make a lot, but this fight will make a lot of money around the world too.

So May can agree after the PPV sales, he takes this amount of % in the remaining revenue.

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
        50% on the revenue , go check .
        I did a search after your first post. I saw it as what I wrote, where's your source?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWbbmest311 View Post
          Cotto is cut in on the PPV money, but if Floyd were to fight Manny, he is not?
          Says alot doesn't it? Manny with his 10M PPV buys and the highest selling/grossing fights in gate/PPV in 3 of the last 4 years is offered 0%, compared to Cotto who probably doesn't have 3M PPV buys. His fans still defend it though

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
            This comment comes up over and over. I saw the direct quote which was "I am prepared to take a lesser amount"..I didn't interpret this to mean, like so many did, that MannyP was saying that he'd take less than Mayweather. He meant a lesser amount than he was originally expecting. There's no reason why the Fighter of the Decade and so many other accolades of global proportions, would accept less than the lesser known local fighter. He could have been expecting a 60-40 or 55-45 in his favour. He was stating his minimum acceptable amount, which, we later found, to be 50%, his "upset" price.

Why should Mayweather, apart from greed and vanity, expect the lion's share of everything, even when dealing with an equal?

Comment

why is PBF giving his purse to the commission?

Comment

And I'm fairly sure that these top guys are well "prepped" with a variety of answers to what his advisors know he'll be asked about. Even down to "A" lesser amount" and not "THE" lesser amount", which is what most are assuming, although it's not so.

It seems obvious to me, why not to others.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                  difference is cotto isnt making 40mil. not that i agree with floyd but theres a huuuge difference from 8 mil to 50 mil. 5x as much.
                  Are you ******ed? Floyd was the one that offered pacquiao 40 mil.

All pac cares about is the ppv cut.

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
                    Are you ******ed? Floyd was the one that offered pacquiao 40 mil.

All pac cares about is the ppv cut.
                    what about what i said didnt u get, ******? i never said i agreed with it, i just spoke on why itd be different from cotto taking some of the ppv. i

Comment

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweathe...#ixzz1tlxQzUMz

How my deal is structured at this particular time in the sport of boxing, I keep 100% of the [pay-per-view] revenue, so why would I even give a guy 50-50. At this particular time,
                      Mayweather says here he can't do 50-50 because he keeps 100% of the ppv, yet he can give Cotto a cut?

Yet for Pac, arguably the biggest name in the sport he has to keep 100% and can only offer a flat fee. Sounds to me like he made Pac an offer he knew he couldnt accept.

Comment

Working...
                      X