Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dawson prefers JOHN SCULLY OVER MANNY STEWARD...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
    You moron...Mike Mike is not an elite fighter, Juamma will go through him. ICY Man is a loser, Chad is only with him because he too lazy too travel.

Icy resume is garbage, he has no outstanding boxer right now...stop being a tool, see the light.

If Chad thought anything of Icy, he would never had LEFT him.
    Scully helped developed Dawson a lot. It was Scully who taught Dawson to use his land hand more, and Dawson's body punching ability was developed by Scully as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
      That the past...who does Icy have now that is relevant on the boxing landscape. I've seen his body of work (Mike Mike and Matt Godawful)...he's trash as a trainer (i don't know him personally, he probably a good human being).

The only reason why Icy has the assignment is because Chad is too lazy to travel, it has nothing to do with Steward skill.

You cannot compare Icy to Emmanuel Steward....Icy will never be in the boxing HOF.
      I know Manny Steward too and he doesn't even train fighters these days man. He comes in with about 2 weeks of camp left and "trains" the fighters. He's merely a name at this point in his training career.

Comment

Originally posted by CONQUERING View Post
        I know Manny Steward too and he doesn't even train fighters these days man. He comes in with about 2 weeks of camp left and "trains" the fighters. He's merely a name at this point in his training career.
        Yeah, I think he's like the lead "trainer" but his assistant do the bulk of the day to day stuff after he develops the plan and strategy.

Comment

Iceman is gonna have his hands full beating The Executioner w/ Bad Chad.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
            Yeah, I think he's like the lead "trainer" but his assistant do the bulk of the day to day stuff after he develops the plan and strategy.
            Yes, that is exactly what happens. And get this, its been like that for a WHILE. Like back when he was training Tommy and Milton McCrory. And its not a knock on Manny, not at all. But the guy that was saying that John Scully was a loser is just non sense.

Comment

Dawson doesn't a want a trainer who will ask him to be more aggresive by letting go his hands. Dawson doesn't like to fight in wars, he wants to fight like Mayweather. Will it work against Hopkins ? No.

Scully won't be the one to blame if Dawson doesn't adjust to the experienced Hopkins.

Comment

Manny has always overrated Trainer. All dude does is try to make everybody fight lime hearns. I can't knock what he does for the game of boxing but dude isn't that great as a trainer.

With that said it don't mAtter who the trainer is if Chad keeps doing the **** that he does. Like I'm a fan but I sit back and watch him and I'm like "WTF is wrong with this *****"

Comment

Word!!!! That's cool!!!
                  Good luck to them both!

Comment

maybe it will be a good thing maybe a bad thing, course he is fighting Bernard Hopkins so it might not matter at all. To me Dawsons biggest problem in this fight is the fact that he doesnt have the style to trouble Hopkins, he's got the skills but not the right style. He's likely not going to be the one pressing the pace, like Calzaghe did and even then Calzaghe barely won that fight and in some people's eyes the fight should have been a draw. He's likely not going to be the better counter puncher or mover. What he does have over Hopkins is youth and maybe a little more power, hand speed I think is about equal. I honestly see Hopkins getting a careful UD or maybe even knocking chad down and getting a stoppage late. Dawson to me needs to not let the genie out of the bottle and hurt Hopkins early to keep Hopkins from gaining momentum.

Comment

Working...
                    X