Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just saw Tony-Cotto and Pac-DelaHoya...my opinion totally backflipped....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just saw Tony-Cotto and Pac-DelaHoya...my opinion totally backflipped....

A few notes:

Cotto-Tony
    • Cotto fought stupidly, very stupidly in that fight. As early as round 2, Miguel was getting backed up against the ropes and started retreating, mind you, as early as round 2.
    • Tony explodes when gets his opponents on the ropes, consistently, very consistently. The guys seizes the moment like there's no tomorrow.
    • In the middle of the ring, Tony has no chance. He has a very weak jab, he leads with his uppercuts sometimes (kind of quick) and he has a very slow right hand lead
    • I couldn't count how many "WTF's" I uttered watching the entire fight, once again, Cotto fought stupidly, maybe that's the only way he knows how to fight. Even most of the punches he connected on Tony was when he was against the ropes.
    • I think Cotto can edge out a decision against Tony in the rematch (assuming Tony did load his gloves). But I would bet my money on Tony in the rematch

Pac-Dela Hoya
    • It's all about circling, Manny fights nothing like Miguel in terms of foot movement. If you put a bird's eye view camera, you would appreciate Pac more
    • Oscar was actually not doing that bad in the first few rounds. He looked faster, well at least a lot faster than Tony
    • I think it's going to be very difficult to back up Pac against the ropes. If Pac fights Tony the correct way, he'd probably be against the ropes less than 5 times the entire fight.

Conclusion:
    • I think Pac-Tony will even end sooner than Pac-Oscar (Rd 8). Now Tony is alot more aggressive than Oscar, which is actually why I think the fight may end sooner because he's going to get countered to death, and by combinations.
    • Obviously, Oscar ain't Tony, duh. But the Oscar that fought the first two rounds in my opinion gave me a gauge on how Pac would fight somebody who is constantly moving fwd at him
    • In the middle of the ring, Tony just look lost. I think on this fight, the only one who can beat Manny is himself (machismo).

Note: After looking at the weigh-in tonight, I thought Pac would get literally smashed to bits. But after watching the two fights above, I'm feeling more confident in Pac despite the large weight disadvantage. OK, I'm off to watch more of their fights.
    Yes
    31.25%
    No
    62.50%
    Maybe
    6.25%

haha no man this time its going to be fireworks!

Comment

Cotto cannot fight going backwards. Cotto did not back up because he was stupid, it was because of Marg's pressure. De La hoya was weight drained and DLH is not a pressure fighter, he dosnt push the action liek Marg does. Pac man also lieks to bang with bigger guys to test their power. Margs like to move forward, same with Pacquaio. Marg have the best chance to put pacman on the ropes and do work.

Comment

I can't say that Cotto fought stupid in the Margarito fight ealry on, as he won most of the early rounds. I would agree that he should have stayed off the ropes more, but that is how he fights often, he moves and picks his shots when to fire.

Comment

Cotto fought margs backing up because he has no inside game, he cant clinch so he tries to keep the fight at arms length

If he cant dictate the tempo of a fight, he backpedals, sapping his already questionable stamina

Comment

Originally posted by SuckaPunch View Post
            A few notes:

Cotto-Tony
            • Cotto fought stupidly, very stupidly in that fight. As early as round 2, Miguel was getting backed up against the ropes and started retreating, mind you, as early as round 2.
            • Tony explodes when gets his opponents on the ropes, consistently, very consistently. The guys seizes the moment like there's no tomorrow.
            • In the middle of the ring, Tony has no chance. He has a very weak jab, he leads with his uppercuts sometimes (kind of quick) and he has a very slow right hand lead
            • I couldn't count how many "WTF's" I uttered watching the entire fight, once again, Cotto fought stupidly, maybe that's the only way he knows how to fight. Even most of the punches he connected on Tony was when he was against the ropes.
            • I think Cotto can edge out a decision against Tony in the rematch (assuming Tony did load his gloves). But I would bet my money on Tony in the rematch

Pac-Dela Hoya
            • It's all about circling, Manny fights nothing like Miguel in terms of foot movement. If you put a bird's eye view camera, you would appreciate Pac more
            • Oscar was actually not doing that bad in the first few rounds. He looked faster, well at least a lot faster than Tony
            • I think it's going to be very difficult to back up Pac against the ropes. If Pac fights Tony the correct way, he'd probably be against the ropes less than 5 times the entire fight.

Conclusion:
            • I think Pac-Tony will even end sooner than Pac-Oscar (Rd 8). Now Tony is alot more aggressive than Oscar, which is actually why I think the fight may end sooner because he's going to get countered to death, and by combinations.
            • Obviously, Oscar ain't Tony, duh. But the Oscar that fought the first two rounds in my opinion gave me a gauge on how Pac would fight somebody who is constantly moving fwd at him
            • In the middle of the ring, Tony just look lost. I think on this fight, the only one who can beat Manny is himself (machismo).

Note: After looking at the weigh-in tonight, I thought Pac would get literally smashed to bits. But after watching the two fights above, I'm feeling more confident in Pac despite the large weight disadvantage. OK, I'm off to watch more of their fights.
            Good post, a very good post. Have a good time, a very good time tomorrow.

If Manny fights off the ropes, he loses. If he keeps it in the middle and circling, he wins.
            Last edited by Pudgemeister; 11-12-2010, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X