No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dib vs. Franco Title Clash Set For March 1 on ESPN FNF

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
    Weren't you trying to go catch this fight at a bar? Maybe you had a little too many drinks...

You know, I had forgotten what that KD looked like. Memory isn't 100% reliable. Many studies have proven that.

I just watched the KD a couple of times. Gamboa didn't actually go through the ropes. Yuri was close to the ropes when he went down and reached out. He was hurt by the punch, though. He's never been hurt like that before. I didn't remember the shot being that good. You're right, it might've knocked anyone else out. As we've discussed, Gamboa's chin isn't as bad as many seem to think.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC
      Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

Weren't you trying to go catch this fight at a bar? Maybe you had a little too many drinks...

You know, I had forgotten what that KD looked like. Memory isn't 100% reliable. Many studies have proven that.

I just watched the KD a couple of times. Gamboa didn't actually go through the ropes. Yuri was close to the ropes when he went down and reached out. He was hurt by the punch, though. He's never been hurt like that before. I didn't remember the shot being that good. You're right, it might've knocked anyone else out. As we've discussed, Gamboa's chin isn't as bad as many seem to think.
      I thought he fell on the ropes and was laying on them. He was badly hurt but if you watch the replay in slow mo it was a perfect shot. I'm fully convinced that wouldve KOed anyone with a "weak chin" or chinny as they call him. One thing that does worry me about Gamboa is that he got up real quick (his ego?). He should've gave himself some time to recover while taking the count on his knee. I understand in his previous KDs he wasn't hurt and got away with doing that but in that one he was visibly hurt. Someone needs to address that. Its a common mistake I see with young fighters too.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Billy who, did he ever fought a credible fighter have not seen one. He only fights door knobs and tomatoe cans.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
          I thought he fell on the ropes and was laying on them. He was badly hurt but if you watch the replay in slow mo it was a perfect shot. I'm fully convinced that wouldve KOed anyone with a "weak chin" or chinny as they call him. One thing that does worry me about Gamboa is that he got up real quick (his ego?). He should've gave himself some time to recover while taking the count on his knee. I understand in his previous KDs he wasn't hurt and got away with doing that but in that one he was visibly hurt. Someone needs to address that. Its a common mistake I see with young fighters too.
          I don't want to make much of the ropes thing. The way you initially described it, I thought you meant Gamboa's body went through the ropes as we've seen so many fighters do. I probably would've remembered that. lol The punch was definitely a solid shot from a heavy hitter. It would've taken out many guys.

You make a good point. Yuri got up immediately. Maybe it was a natural reflex; maybe it was a pride thing. Gamboa is a cocky dude, I'm sure he might've found that a little embarrassing, on the undercard of a big PPV and after dominating his opponent.

Comment

good espn go as it should xpose the non-entity...interested in seeing Nelson on live tv...

Comment

No hate, but I feel like there are so many fighters at 126 that would outclass Dib; he lost to Steven Luevano for heavens sake and I dont know why 50 cent ever even signed him. Folks get tired of these so called champions that dont deserve a belt

Comment

Originally posted by Hilis View Post
                No hate, but I feel like there are so many fighters at 126 that would outclass Dib; he lost to Steven Luevano for heavens sake and I dont know why 50 cent ever even signed him. Folks get tired of these so called champions that dont deserve a belt
                Franco is nothing special himself, although he does have some heart. It'll be interesting to see if Luis can snatch that belt.

Comment

Working...
                X