• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bullrush View Post
    hahaha everlast sucks
    but youll get your money back. heres a review on the rival gloves btw

http://youtu.be/AS4-k5B6aXw

and yeah thats the great thing about working out with heavy gloves. as soon as you put on the light gloves they'll feel like feathers. but as you get used to the smaller gloves once you put the heavy gloves on they'll feel heavier too
    gotta get used to both
    Yea that's the only thing if I get conditioned with these 18s my arm endurance would be monster come fight night. How bad will just wearing 18s be on my technique since I'm just starting out?

Oh I really need some videos on foot work... If I'm still my punch is awesome, when I start moving my body gets out of whack and I my punching becomes obsolete.

Comment

its not gonna be horrible, you can still work on your technique depending on if the gloves are really bulky. the bulkyness doesnt help to punch the right way and the added weight will take some of your focus and its gonna bother you a few rounds in. you can use 18 oz as well its not a deal breaker

as for the videos on footwork, yeah thats what most people in boxing struggle with, its hard, you gotta train and keep working on it. theres a bunch of good videos on youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Bullrush View Post
        its not gonna be horrible, you can still work on your technique depending on if the gloves are really bulky. the bulkyness doesnt help to punch the right way and the added weight will take some of your focus and its gonna bother you a few rounds in. you can use 18 oz as well its not a deal breaker

as for the videos on footwork, yeah thats what most people in boxing struggle with, its hard, you gotta train and keep working on it. theres a bunch of good videos on youtube
        Yea I'm going to try the 12 oz gloves when I get them. I should take these everlast but I don't want to get them scratched and lose my money... but hell it was 35 dollars so I might just use them and see how well I do on the mitts tomorrow.. I can tell you after doing combinations then just straight jabbing with these 18s on my left shoulder is dead... well actually I can't blame it on the 18s if I haven't tried anything else yet, it might just be me... Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by prime tyme View Post
          Yea I'm going to try the 12 oz gloves when I get them. I should take these everlast but I don't want to get them scratched and lose my money... but hell it was 35 dollars so I might just use them and see how well I do on the mitts tomorrow.. I can tell you after doing combinations then just straight jabbing with these 18s on my left shoulder is dead... well actually I can't blame it on the 18s if I haven't tried anything else yet, it might just be me... Time will tell.
          If you're just starting out, it won't necessarily be the gloves; you won't be used to using your non-dominant arm quite so much, and you'll notice it tires out much faster than your right. Just keep plugging away at it, it will come with time.

What helped me was doing a couple of rounds on a bag using just my left arm at the end of every session, varying the amount and intensity of the jabs I throw. My coach has me spar using only my jab every now and then (against someone who has the use of their right arm), and where I was aching after a only few minutes before, I now have no problems.

Well, no more than I have with my right arm!

Comment

Working...
          X