Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Richard Abril: I Will Prove That Brandon Rios is No Lion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Richard Abril: I Will Prove That Brandon Rios is No Lion

WBA interim-lightweight champion Richard Abril (17-2-1, 8KOs) is getting more and more confident as his training camp continues for the upcoming showdown with Brandon Rios (29-0-1, 22KOs) on April 14th at the Mandalay Bay is Las Vegas. The vacant WBA title will be on the line. [Click Here To Read More]

i like how in the 2nd pic it looks like he's missing an arm and a thumb. very inspiring!

Comment

Originally posted by gauze View Post
      i like how in the 2nd pic it looks like he's missing an arm and a thumb. very inspiring!
      lol well spotted

I hope this is a good fight, but I expect Rios to maul this guy and be all over him. WAR BAM BAM

Comment

Boxers beat Streetfighters using the skills they lack. Its obvious when I look at Rios that All you need to beat him is a solid and consistant jab and following up with good body, head hooks and uppercuts. Then when He pushes his way in, do what smart boxers do, clintch and continue to make fight at the best distance.
        Guys like Marquez and Guerrero would not allow Rios to dictate the pace, they will press to make their fight and outclass Rios easily.
        Last edited by Pin Galarga; 04-05-2012, 01:08 PM.

Comment

yeah hes a tiger!

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Galarga View Post
            Boxers beat Streetfighters using the skills they lack. Its obvious when I look at Rios that All you need to beat him is a solid and consistant jab and following up with good body, head hooks and uppercuts. Then when He pushes his way in, do what smart boxers do, clintch and continue to make fight at the best distance.
            Guys like Marquez and Guerrero would not allow Rios to dictate the pace, they will press to make their fight and outclass Rios easily.
            I agree with what you say. But is Abril the guy to do it? I don't think so. However, I think Richard is good enough to hang until at least late in the fight. I, too, expect to see the jab on display, along with some clinching. (Hopefully not too much of the latter.) I'll add that it takes a very well-conditioned boxer to keep up steady movement throughout a solid twelve rounds to beat a guy like Rios. Any lack of stamina on Abril's part will result in a "Bam Bam" wrecking ball on the inside.

Comment

rios will probly win, but who in reality would be surprised if he lost to abril? i know i wouldnt, rios is nothing, and i mean NOTHING, special whatsoever. without his power, hes your average everyday big mouth "self proclaimed tough guy" too bad gamboa phucked this fight up, I woulda loved to see him whoop on rios and make him disappear...

Comment

You'll show us how well you can get your ass beat

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                  rios will probly win, but who in reality would be surprised if he lost to abril? i know i wouldnt, rios is nothing, and i mean NOTHING, special whatsoever. without his power, hes your average everyday big mouth "self proclaimed tough guy" too bad gamboa phucked this fight up, I woulda loved to see him whoop on rios and make him disappear...
                  I think Abril might very well surprise some people. He's a very competent boxer. I don't think he'll beat Rios, but I wouldn't be surprised if he gives Brandon a run for his money. I agree "Bam Bam" isn't special, but I wouldn't go so far as to call him "nothing." He has some desirable attributes (chin, heart, power, stamina, good inside skills) and he's been successful with them. It'll take a top-notch boxer to beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                    this coming from a guy hyping danny garcia.....

Comment

Working...
                    X